Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW45: How quiet?

I wanted the Grand Prix Elite.
    Wider tube, filling from underside so silencer can remain in place but it came without open sights which I wanted.

Have contacted Brocock direct & can have a special order, the GP Elite with open sights fitted. Two weeks maximum to delivery.

Thank for all you comments guys.
    Stay safe.

Sterling.

What do you want to use it for most and why the GP Elite rather than the Atomic Elite??

Quote Originally Posted by rottenshot View Post
    What do you want to use it for most and why the GP Elite rather than the Atomic Elite??
    Iron sights to make plinking more challanging.
    Can allways fit red dot if wanted.

Brocock says 50-55 .177 shots for the Atomic.
    There's a slight chance that I might occasionally shoot a pistol HFT comp which requires 50 shots. A bit close to the limit on a cold day & carrying a bottle on a comp-no.
    So the Elite seems to be the one BUT I really do prefer the look of the shorter Atomic.

I'm waiting a few days to decide which one.
    It will be my first pcp since I sold all my charging gear in 2006 as I got bored with shooting pcp rifles and now only use springers..

Do agree PCP rifles can get boring and hence why I started doing more pistol and springer shooting recently as well

If you're buying new and they have both in stock see if you can try holding them but with the silencer you'll be buying with it fitted

The Atomic's not light and both the Elite and the GP are that bit heavier, my concern with the GP would be the length and putting the silencer that much further out will have a much greater impact on it's balance point and may make it quite nose heavy.

I fill with air every 6 magazines - 36 shots - so would have thought you'd definitely get the 50 and more likely the 55 shouts out of Atomic Elite.

Have you looked at the Rohm's as an alternative, there are a couple of new ones still around although I think you'd struggle to fit a silencer on one.

I'm guessign it's probably single shot as he doesn't say otherwise but in case you're thinking about 2nd hand

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-atomic-pistol