Thread: HW45 tuning - is it worth the trouble?

HW45 tuning - is it worth the trouble?

Hi all,

Starting quite a few threads here... but it's always quiet in this part anyway.

I am tuning my rifle with the Welsh Willy kit. I was just wondering whether to do this to my HW45.

It's shooting fine, and as mentioned in the previous thread, I think I'm doing alright with it. Yes, there is recoil, but this is part of its appeal. I don't need more power for it as I'm only shooting paper target anyway. So what would I gain from getting a new spring (I can only see Titan Spring no 15 available for it), or getting new guides/tophats etc (only found one made by Tinbum Tuning). Do I want/need less recoil? Do I need more power? I don't know. I'm not sure what "smooth" is either as I'm very new to shooting and only have the HW45 (second hand with non-truglow sight) and my Hammerli Black Force 800 (aka SYNSG) to compare with. It's already got a semi-anatomical grip (which actually is a bit too big for my "baby hands"), and going to have a 2x scope for more distant/accurate shooting.

Is this a matter of "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" or "you are not really into airgun shooting until you've modded your guns" type of scenario?

Not sure...

Adrian

"Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

I've seen that before. Not convinced I need to turn yet as not sure what I'm tuning for. Bought a chrono so I guess I can make a more objective decision then.

Adrian