Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cricket air rifles.....

Another thing worth mentioning with ordering from Alex is he does not take any money off you until the gun is in his hands and ready to post. No laying money out with never materialising delivery dates. There are also no RFD fees and the gun can be delivered to your door which could potentially save you another £25-50 in rfd fees unless you live close enough to collect from a UK stockist. Currently no stockists in the UK though, just websites with pictures where you can place a deposit.

Arrival of the guns with Alex have been delayed on recent orders (if he says 4 weeks it might be 6) but thats down to Kalibergun not sending on time so out of his hands. It also doesn`t help when Kalibrgun UK whine like bitches about pricing to Kalibrgun and parts of Alex`s order gets delayed from the factory because of this.

If you don`t like competition Kalibergun UK don`t start a business

With this weather i am in no hurry to get one , Having 6 other rifles its no problem to wait for the situation to be properly sorted and if its still up in the air as a Rapid fan i will probally go their Bullpup clone , Think its called a Bobcat LOL!

I also got not e from Alex, it took 4 days to arrive from Cyprus Alex is a very nice guy to deal with, solware had me waiting for weeks and weeks so I got fed up waiting then I brought it from Alex hassle free,

As for the rifle its a high end pcp's the accurac is amazing build quality is good, the only problem is hammer is very badly designed mine was 12flb version but the power was all over the place, so you will have to get the hammer spring screw changed, the silencer is not very quiet and when you shooting your ear sits top of breach, the cocking action its not as smooth.

Has anyone been in touch with Alex over the last week? He sent me an email last Monday saying he had a Cricket for me(had one on order since before Christmas) and after I sent him my details to arrange payment he hasn't been in touch nor replied to the last 3 or 4 emails I sent?

Ratworks has complained to kalibrgun ive read thats hes selling them so cheap so hes having to sort this out i believe bare with him matey he wont take your cash either mate till the day hes ready to dispatch afew of us tried paying him up front

Alex was selling them around the trade price,

Quote Originally Posted by ags2k View Post
    What's trade price if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by dave goodall View Post
    Ratworks has complained to kalibrgun ive read thats hes selling them so cheap so hes having to sort this out i believe bare with him matey he wont take your cash either mate till the day hes ready to dispatch afew of us tried paying him up front
    from what i gather a few people want to have a word with ratworks at the shooting show regarding this matter

leadpig is offline sheet lead welder extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by max29aug View Post
    from what i gather a few people want to have a word with ratworks at the shooting show regarding this matter
    have you seen him,he would shit himself

Quote Originally Posted by ags2k View Post
    Maybe what kalibergun uk want to trade them at but I very much doubt Alex was selling them at trade prices and making no profit just to be kind to his customers . Different countries , different exchange rates different taxes will make one country more competitive than the other. I found a dealer in Czech Republic that will sell them cheaper than Alex . Dunno if they will ship and Ive had good service from Alex so I`d still rather shop with him than try and save a few more quid.

I ordered one on the 30jan and not heard from him since maybe he's ill

Quote Originally Posted by aj View Post
    Has anyone been in touch with Alex over the last week? He sent me an email last Monday saying he had a Cricket for me(had one on order since before Christmas) and after I sent him my details to arrange payment he hasn't been in touch nor replied to the last 3 or 4 emails I sent?

Quote Originally Posted by shootingmad View Post
    I ordered one on the 30jan and not heard from him since maybe he's ill
    i spoke to him on the tel on wed hes fine just not got any stock to give out just yet but he will everyone know when he has them in stock

I can vouch for Alex,had 5 Crickets off him last Year, 3 x Standard .22's, 1 x Compact .22,and 1 x UK Big Boy Cal .25
    Not all for me,may I Add
    I'M LEAVING NOW TO GO AND FIND MYSELF, IF I SHOULD RETURN BEFORE I GET BACK,PLEASE ASK ME TO WAIT !

evenbad Guest
    Bit off subject anyone any news on the Kalibr Colibri [HUMMINGBIRD] been for sale in the U.S for over 6 months, wonder if anyone on here has got one.

Quote Originally Posted by evenbad View Post
    Bit off subject anyone any news on the Kalibr Colibri [HUMMINGBIRD] been for sale in the U.S for over 6 months, wonder if anyone on here has got one.
    It's not semi-auto as promised. The mechanism wasn't reliable so they made it manually operated. Not the most reliable one in that either.

Calibrgun is actually old news, these Vulcans are starting their deliveries in a week or two:

http://www.airguntechnology.com/pcp-bullpup-vulcan

Cocking handle above the trigger, designed by Calibrgun's former chief engineer.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe