Page 43 of 91 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 April 11th/12th Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi Mick, have just dragged out the frame I knocked up for the target (as it has been outside behind the shed for a year or more) to see if all still there. All O.K. and I quickly put it together to get an idea of how long it will take on the day (35mins).

Anyhow, a couple of things to ask please mate;

The target is illuminated for best use, I have a decent extension, but will there be 240v at the firing line available on the day?

Also, obviously in comps each strike is painted over straight away to give a clean bull, at the Poppy bash I was doing it each string of five, but obviously this means going forward of the firing point (only 6 yards).

Would it be an idea to have it at one end of the shooting lane to allow easy access and just tell people either side to be aware, as I don't want to stop all the fun every few mins to paint the target. It can be reset by cord remotely, I might be able to come up with something to do the same paint wise.

Any thoughts ideas very welcome

ATB, Ed
    I bought one of the Red Bob Bell Targets would it be worth bringing that down ?,it`s not illuminated, but i have a torch
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Quote Originally Posted by TrevA5 View Post
    Hi do you have to pay in advance ?
    Hi Trev and welcome to the BBS

I prefer folks to pay by cheque in advance as this helps me keep track of the number of folks hoping to attend, I use this number to insure the field and order portaloos.

I don't cash the cheques until after the bash so if someone sends in a cheque and then finds they can't attend I don't cash their cheque, so the money doesn't leave their bank.

Uncashed cheques get rolled over as prepayment for the next bash.

Oh, and from your PM, the Higham fields farm address is the postage address for cheques.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post

Hope to get down in a months time, all going well.

A' the Best,
    Graeme
    Be great if you can make it, Graeme.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Less than five weeks to go, boys and girls.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

TrevA5

Trev,

As per Mick's comments up above, a very warm welcome to the forum.

And, if you can make it to the Bash (and, let's face it, you're local, so you just got to come along! ) a very warm welcome to the friendliest and cuddliest section of the BBS!.....BOINGERLAND !!

Hopefully see you there.

Gwyn

Hope you're recovering nicely and back with us soon young man.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Be great if you can make it, Graeme.
    Thanks Tony...I really hope to be there. The Bash last September was really great...the fantastic weather helped a lot as well. One of the best weekend's camping/ activity I've ever enjoyed. I've been preaching the 'Gospel according to Quigley Hollow' to loads of folk on the Forum so hopefully it'll go from strength to strength.
    A' the Best,
    Graeme
    p.s How's the interest in the new Ducati Scrambler doing?...it looks a real tricky, manageable bike.

Thank you

wow thanks very much Tony yeh im local just down the road from moxons farm, definatley going see you there im Kev aka Trev.

As per Mick's comments up above, a very warm welcome to the forum.

And, if you can make it to the Bash (and, let's face it, you're local, so you just got to come along! ) a very warm welcome to the friendliest and cuddliest section of the BBS!.....BOINGERLAND !!

Hopefully see you there.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post
    Thanks Tony...I really hope to be there. The Bash last September was really great...the fantastic weather helped a lot as well. One of the best weekend's camping/ activity I've ever enjoyed. I've been preaching the 'Gospel according to Quigley Hollow' to loads of folk on the Forum so hopefully it'll go from strength to strength.
    A' the Best,
    Graeme
    p.s How's the interest in the new Ducati Scrambler doing?...it looks a real tricky, manageable bike.
    Excellent news and look forward to seeing you.

The Scrambler's selling really well matey.

As you say, it's lightweight and very manageable. Nice, simple air-cooled two valve motor, so none of them ugly radiators and associated plumbing works going on here. Nice build, yet very well priced. And there's a mega wide range of different peeps buying them, from girls in their twenties right up to some good old boys who are well into their seventies.

And, yes, last year's September Bash was truly awesome and we were blessed with perfect weather. A blissful, peaceful weekend shared with some of the most genuine and enthusiastic people on the planet.

Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevA5 View Post
    wow thanks very much Tony yeh im local just down the road from moxons farm, definatley going see you there im Kev aka Trev.
    [/QUOTE]

Excellent news and it'll be great to see you there. I can guarantee your first visit won't be your last.

Er, BOING !!!!!

Hope you're recovering nicely and back with us soon young man.

I spoke to Gwyn today and he's doing well Tone and will soon be back with us.

Yay!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I spoke to Gwyn today and he's doing well Tone and will soon be back with us.
    Excellent news, young Michael!

Did the young fella sound in good spirits?

More to the point, what of the nurses?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    More to the point, what of the nurses?

Utterly exhausted I expect!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

At last

Hi Guys.

Thank you all for your concern mates. Just flowed deliciously through 12 pages of this excellent thread. Totally therapeutic. Hozzy made it difficult to get on line, queues for 'Tap' testing before you could buy the code number etc.

Long & short: had a severe asthma attack Fri 28 Feb. Paramedics stabilized me in five minutes though with cortisone.

During another attack Sat 1 Mar though, my heart stopped & I had to be resuscitated & put into a coma for 4 days. Once conscious, lots of lovely nurses, caring & competent too.

Guy who punched (literally) my lights back on said: in his humble opinion: "The resilience which let me survive was purely as a result of a vigorous, active outdoor life."

Guys & gals I give you: "The Quigley Recovery"

And so to bed for my first natural sleep in 6 days. Thanks again mates all.
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Sounds like youve been through the mill Gwyn great to have you back mate..... take it easy
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25