Thread: .25 query

.25 query

Hi

I've just seen a .25 BSA Superstar for sale at Kirklees guns website, it has a dark stock (I've only seen beech before). Never having shot a .25, I therefore have a hankering to own one, but as it is an 85 mile round trip I would appreciate any thoughts before committing myself.

Thanks gents.

They say it is a beech stock and I suspect it is a dark stain coupled with poorly exposed picture. If unsure give them a call for a chat about it (and to make sure it is still available). If it sounds worth a trip ask them to hold it for you. Open sights appear to be present, .25 is probably rare, personally I would go for it.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

My advice from experience is ask for an honest grading of the rifle & perhaps more / clearer pics. I travelled all the way there once, with the intention of buying a Webley eclipse they had in stock that looked really nice on the photos. In real life however, the metalwork had been painted with brush on hammerite & the stock finished with cuprinol.

Quote Originally Posted by p.sharp View Post
    My advice from experience is ask for an honest grading of the rifle & perhaps more / clearer pics. I travelled all the way there once, with the intention of buying a Webley eclipse they had in stock that looked really nice on the photos. In real life however, the metalwork had been painted with brush on hammerite & the stock finished with cuprinol.
    very good advice. MY own .25 is a 635 model Mercurey, dark beech stock and with a WW tune its a nice ratter. However get a sizer from UK Neal has at first mine was useless due to the tightness of the breech. The tune up and the sizer trasformed the rifle, good luck.