Thread: Three Webley pistols, two juniors, one Mk1, one boxed, two straight grip.

Three Webley pistols, two juniors, one Mk1, one boxed, two straight grip.

Hi guys, me popping up from the blue to sell some stuff again.

Here we have three pistols:

A mk1 straight grip
    A straight grip Junior
    A slant grip junior

all .177

The latter junior is in a box with a pellet tin, not sue if the box/tin is original to the gun (at one stage I had nearly 30 webley pistols and many spares/boxes).

Have not touched these items for several years so have decided to sell as one lot all three gone. I wake for work at 4.45am and get home to a 9 week old baby so I want one sale and not three people to fix times with, so please make it easy for me and sell on the items you might not want yourself, fair?

£300 for all three. Pickup only from Witney West Oxfordshire.

PS, having sold to you guys before I know how cut throat the collecting world is! If I have agreed a price with someone then I will NOT undersell to someone else or back out of a sale regardless of offer, likewise any PMs or questions are not 'deals' unless you have agreed a price and pickup time, just talking about something does not mean it's on hold for you. Cheers!

Please view all photos before asking questions in case they are answered here and please let me know if you need more info/serials etc. I was mad on collecting 20 years ago and knew all the variants by heart, but accept that now I might have missed some vital photos or information so do ask.

SOLD THANKS

Hope that's all ok?
    Last edited by Clarkycat; 17-03-2015 at 09:48 PM. Reason: PISTOLS SOLD IMAGES REMOVED

Top honest man to deal with here!

Hi Peter, thanks for the kind words. Hope all is well.

Have not touched these pistols since you picked up that rifle maybe four years ago! It's not a money thing, am just having a 'life laundry' where everything has to justify it's shelf space V what else it could be/do. I sold the Porsche, sold some watches, reeling it all in, not spending money on 'stuff' that is simply 'nice to have' and am dropping to working four days a week, spend days with the boy instead, feed the ducks and that...

PM sent regarding more info and viewing in person.

I'll second the recommendation for this seller - an honest man if ever there was one. It's been a while Clarkycat. Hope all is well with you?

The Mark I looks like a U.S. Export model - an interesting example and all three pistols at the price mentioned look like a bargain. Good luck with the sale.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I'll second the recommendation for this seller - an honest man if ever there was one. It's been a while Clarkycat. Hope all is well with you?

The Mark I looks like a U.S. Export model - an interesting example and all three pistols at the price mentioned look like a bargain. Good luck with the sale.

John
    Blimey John!
    Yep, all is well mate, 42 years old, gone cycle mad and am up to 100 mile circuits and just had my first child, feel like that Benjamin Button!

Moved on from gun collecting, in fact my only rifle now is that first MK2 you tipped me off about that time, no blue on it and not the most valuable service I owned, but it's staying! Still have a straight grip Senior and a B premier I think I got from you. Maybe they will pop some tins down the river when my son is old enough and if we are not in a world where one pop of an air pistol does not mean an armed response unit...

I had LOADS of guns last time we spoke but you had more, by now I should imagine you must have the whole world, mint, boxed, with three spare moons?

Hi Paul, thanks for the PM reply. Would like to view at your convenience and will bring cash as per PM.

Cheers, Tom

RESERVED FOR TOM

Will call you tomorrow when I'm at work mate, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by sevorg View Post
    Hi Paul, thanks for the PM reply. Would like to view at your convenience and will bring cash as per PM.

Cheers, Tom

SOLD

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkycat View Post
    Blimey John!
    Yep, all is well mate, 42 years old, gone cycle mad and am up to 100 mile circuits and just had my first child, feel like that Benjamin Button!

Moved on from gun collecting, in fact my only rifle now is that first MK2 you tipped me off about that time, no blue on it and not the most valuable service I owned, but it's staying! Still have a straight grip Senior and a B premier I think I got from you. Maybe they will pop some tins down the river when my son is old enough and if we are not in a world where one pop of an air pistol does not mean an armed response unit...

I had LOADS of guns last time we spoke but you had more, by now I should imagine you must have the whole world, mint, boxed, with three spare moons?
    I'm pleased you have sold these so quickly.

Yes I've bought a few since we last met up. If you are able to, you would be most welcome to attend the vintage airgun section's club night at Bisley as a guest on a Wednesday evening. If work gets in the way, we hold a few open sighted vintage themed shoots throughout the year on Sundays and once again, you would be welcome to attend. I usually post an invite in this section when a date has been set. The next will probably be just after Easter. Your Service would be ideal!

Best wishes,

John

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Nice to meet up yesterday, and thank you for the pistols. Will give them a strip, lube (and a spring in the junior that can't quite make a pellet stick to the plumbers mate backstop ) and should be ready for some vintage shooting.

A very pleasant transaction, thank you again.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I'm pleased you have sold these so quickly.

Yes I've bought a few since we last met up. If you are able to, you would be most welcome to attend the vintage airgun section's club night at Bisley as a guest on a Wednesday evening. If work gets in the way, we hold a few open sighted vintage themed shoots throughout the year on Sundays and once again, you would be welcome to attend. I usually post an invite in this section when a date has been set. The next will probably be just after Easter. Your Service would be ideal!

Best wishes,

John
    Hi John,
    Thanks for the invite, but don't have ANY time at the moment! Really, have not driven outside of work since August when I sold the car. It's all good though, my folks, the pubs, the shops, the cinema, the hospital, cafes, resturants, parks, friends are all walking distance so the boy goes in the pram and off we go. Saturday to give his mum a rest we went out for breakie, then to his grans, then for a cheeky early pint, bit of shopping and home before heading out as a family for lunch (to the pub again) to watch the rugby, I still have a life, he's just very much IN it!

Currently my goal is to have an hour free to train on the bike (not happened yet!) and maybe then (with my legs back) have a few hours to myself to go back out on the Cotswold hills.

Thanks again everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkycat View Post
    Hi John,
    Thanks for the invite, but don't have ANY time at the moment! Really, have not driven outside of work since August when I sold the car. It's all good though, my folks, the pubs, the shops, the cinema, the hospital, cafes, resturants, parks, friends are all walking distance so the boy goes in the pram and off we go. Saturday to give his mum a rest we went out for breakie, then to his grans, then for a cheeky early pint, bit of shopping and home before heading out as a family for lunch (to the pub again) to watch the rugby, I still have a life, he's just very much IN it!

Currently my goal is to have an hour free to train on the bike (not happened yet!) and maybe then (with my legs back) have a few hours to myself to go back out on the Cotswold hills.

Thanks again everyone.
    Hi Paul,

It sounds like you have your priorities right and all certainly sounds good your end. My very best wishes to all of you

John