Thread: Diana/Original/RWS Model 100

Diana/Original/RWS Model 100

I am trying to find some information about the Model 100 rifle made by M&G.

This rifle was the last ever Match Rifle made by them, and the only SSP rifle they ever made. Examples can be seen branded as Diana, Original and RWS.

Although the rifle was in production for a few years, it seems very few were sold here in the UK and I am finding it difficult to get any helpful information about them - other than the many warnings that spare parts for them have more or less dried-up.

If anyone has any information they can share with me about these Model 100 rifles I would be very pleased to hear from you. In particuar a copy of the owners handbook or a set of exploded diagrams would be more than helpful.

If anyone has a Model 100 for sale I would also be very interested - including broken examples that I would hope to restore to full working condition. A Mk 2 version in particular is something I am hoping to find.

Anybody that may be sat on a pile of spare parts to fit a Model 100 that needs a good home for them may also be in luck if they contact me (!).
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I had 1.
    It has a very fragile spot in the stock, which breaks easily (too little wood left).
    Also, care should be taken when cocking; it has all kinds of sprockets etc, which can be damaged.
    Mine was véry accurate, and shot lovely, but I didnt like the heavy weight, and the weight far back.
    They're sometimes seen for sale on egun.
    ATB,
    yana

Thanks Yana,

I don't suppose you have a copy of the handbook or an exploded drawing by any chance do you?

Was your Model 100 a Mk1 or a Mk 2 ?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

No, sorry, sold it long time ago. Dunno what model it was.
    Mine had the cracked stock too by the way..
    ATB,
    yana

Just landed myself a 100.

Been after one for ages. Finally got it, Did you manage to compile any info. Im on the hunt for information as well. Scarce on the ground isn't it! Send me your email by PM and I can send you some jpegs I downloaded on the manual.
    https://www.walnut.black

Quote Originally Posted by GSMN1 View Post
    Been after one for ages. Finally got it, Did you manage to compile any info. Im on the hunt for information as well. Scarce on the ground isn't it! Send me your email by PM and I can send you some jpegs I downloaded on the manual.
    Some Diana 100 resources HERE.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks

Yep, Ive seen that. If you find anything else let me know. How's she shooting?

aimless Guest
    open this link (german)

http://www.co2air.de/wbb3/index.php?...onItem&id=1003

and open "Explosionszeichnung" for exploded diagrams...

b.r. Jochen

Question Thanks...

Fabulous. enough for the first chapter of a dream book! Keep em coming! Anyone seen any reviews on the rifle?

Bob Hi from abellringer [ray]. I have an A4 photo copy of a manual, not sure if it is complete but I think it is;or what model it is, but I can scan it and e mail it to you if you want me to. Strange story relating to one particular 100; a friend of mine bought one, shot it for a while and sold it on; several years later another friend bought one only to find out that the gun was the same one [ they are actually team mates ]. In the meantime I had been given a gun for repair in a box which was for a Mod 100 and with a manual inside, the guns owner said he didn't want the box back he just got it free from a dealer he knew and I could keep it with the book, so i did. I told my friend who had just bought the 100 I had a box and manual if he wanted it; of course he did ! so surprise or what, the box and book were for that rifle, so all were re united. As far as I know he exchanged the gun some years ago at City B'ham. for a Fen. But I copied the book before passing it on so you are more than welcome to a copy of you want it. E mail or PM me.
    abellringer

Information I gleaned from reading up on the Diana 100 some years ago (the accuracy of which may be suspect, I can't say) is that some early models had a weakness in the cocking lever, near the pivot point where it houses a ratchet wheel. Apparently, later version addressed this flaw and strengthened the area. That and the trigger unit is very complicated and shouldn't be opened up unless necessary. But IIRC, every review I read by someone who had actually shot this rifle said it was wonderful to shoot.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.