Thread: GAT pistol info and part needed please

edbear2 Guest

GAT pistol info and part needed please

Picked up a Harrington gat yesterday at a car boot.....all boxed with darts pellets and corks (one cork missing).....was congratulating myself at getting it for £4 as it looks almost unused......then when I had a proper look, the loading tap thingy at the back is missing......If anyone has a spare, I would be grateful....cash paid or exchange for something you may need .......I know there must be zillions of these out there, but am I right in thinking this was a bargain?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I just paid £5 plus post for a rather nice factory spec chrome plated example, so £4 for yours with the box and gubbins but without the probe sounds about right . Best bet for replacing the screw-in probe however, ask to borrow one and make one as you are a top draw engineer . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

going back to the dark ages, (1955) everyone lost the thingy that went in the back end (we were only ten) and the mod was:
    a matchstick, to push the pellet past the port
    then a screw out of your dads tool box that fitted the thread.

I could suggest that doing that would make the whole thing more authentic!

gat pistol

Hi, I have a the screw that you need, its yours for the price of the postage,you can have the gun if you want,but its been well chopped up,send me your address if you want it.
    Peter H.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    going back to the dark ages, (1955) everyone lost the thingy that went in the back end (we were only ten) and the mod was:
    a matchstick, to push the pellet past the port
    then a screw out of your dads tool box that fitted the thread.

I could suggest that doing that would make the whole thing more authentic!
    I still have an old SP30 with this very fix

They might have spares here:

Harrington, T. J. & Son Ltd
    Magda Works, Lyon Rd
    Hersham Trading Estate, Molesey Rd
    Walton on Thames
    Surrey
    KT12 3PU

Tel: +44 (0) 1932 226099
    Fax: +44 (0) 1932 254078

edbear2 Guest
    Thanks guys.......its nice to see that even this humble beginners gun has some followers, maybe like a meteor, it is one thing that almost everybody has owned or used at some time!........Peter, many thanks...I think I have one sorted from another member, but will get back to you if the one he has seen has gone somewhere else before he can get it......

edbear2 Guest

Thumbs up Its a goer!

Again ta to all.......And a big THANK YOU to member ggggr, who remembered he had seen one, and went and got it for me....TOP BLOKE

gat screw

Quote Originally Posted by peter.H View Post
    Hi, I have a the screw that you need, its yours for the price of the postage,you can have the gun if you want,but its been well chopped up,send me your address if you want it.
    Peter H.
    hi peter h ....looking for a screw....don't tell the wife....long shot i know but is yours still available.....cheers tom