Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
just got back... gave the missus her 77k birthday pressy early [as rain predicted for tomorrow] so she had a sesh with that. she loves it, and is putting up some half decent groups already
as for the 90.
just as accurate as the evo........ but more effort required, a consistent hold is required to get the best out of it! but... when i found myself in the 'zone' for a spell it was putting in inch groups at 50 yds rested with mild breeze which is about average for me outdoors at that range. so its up there with a prosport/tx200/97k/98/evo/lgv in terms of capable-group-sizes..
im happy with it, its got bags of character and is very consistent over the chrono....... one thing i did notice is the barrel is a little larger than most of my guns........ my usual jsb4.51's grouped well, but almost fell int the lead-in area of the breech........
i therefore tried some hw field/dome things [cant remember the name] which were a proper snug fit........groups a little larger than the jsb's but a big change in poi enough to need a re-zero........ same story for the h&n ftt i tried after........ again a better fit [the best actually, not too tight, not too loose] but these changed the poi a little [not much after the zero to the hw's] but a fair bit different to the jsb's.
i think the perfect scenario is going to be jsb's in 4.53 flavour possible........ will have to get some to try
the idea of getting the 90 was to see if i liked it....... and if so , sell the evo........if not keep the evo and sell on the 90. but im struggling a little here, they both have their merrits, and i dont need 2 rammers......
i think i shall go ahead and sell the evo purely on the basis that ive had it a fair while now, [change is as good as a rest etc] and concentrate on improving my groups with the 90
overall [if anyone is reading this hoping for a clear winner in the top-end-rammer chatagory] im afraid its too close to call........ no really........ i love the looks of the evo, but love the trigger of the 90. i love the lightweight evo for its ability to be a good hunting rig........ but i love the extra weight of the 90 for helping calm the recoil........ i love the super fast locktime of the evo....... but i love the fact the 90 is a little easyer to cock........
they are both as accurate as each other. they are both built extremely well........ the lockup is perfect with both [no noticable vertical poi shift on either that can happen on some break-barrels at longer ranges]. you see it really is [in my eyes at least] 50-50 .

ps....... the 80 yard small coke bottle filled with baking soda, a splash of washing up liquid and the rest water didnt do anything very exciting when i nailed it, just a slight lazy fizz maybe i forgot something, citrous? dash of lemon juice. i cant remember the original 80's ingrediants now lol

Cool, glad the 90 is living up to your expectations

BTW, if you want to tame your 90s recoil still further?...remove the inertia weight and chuck a heavy 98 barrel on it...