Hello all,
My Phoenix went downhill from my last post. I'd been in contact with the factory (Hugh and Shobir). Hugh sent me PDF drawings of the gun so I could disassemble it. I found the bottom o-ring of the air valve was distorted and cracked, dry as paper. Unfortunately I had gone too deeply in the tear-dwon, and became confounded when I could not get the trigger sear to engage, so the rifle would not cock. In the intervening months I'd try to get things working, then have to stop and give it a rest. Finally, I shipped it to where I'd bought is (used) with instructions to reassemble the trigger group. The drawings are woefully inadequate in this regard, as the trigger parts are on separate drawings, plus the drawings are very dark and hide a lot of detail. As it turned out the airgun shop where I sent it (and bought it) told me it would send the gun to England for repair (no one there could sort it out); this back in April of this year. I had other things to do so I put it out of my mind until last week. It was hard to reach the repair department, but when I did it informed me the gun never left for England due to some difficulty (which it did not explain, I'm in the U.S). What it told me next caught me off guard. As I sit here now a replacement Phoenix is being sent to me. It's "new" though the inventory there is about 10 years old. I was told the gun would be tested for proper operation before being sent out. It arrives next Tuesday. The adventure continues.
darryl