Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
Great review there Andy (from the north) - I see you havent lost the gift.

From what little use Ive had of a modified (read improved by John GeeGee) CP1 I still prefer the LOV21 mainly because of the trigger. As well all know (or you should), the secret of good pistol shooting is the trigger and while the LOVs is a single pull one it is predictable and surprisingly light even before modification which is only a 10 minute job.

With regards to a 'Less than £150 budget gun' 10m competition - if that 'Hippo' is taking part Im taking a leaf out of the HFT/FT shooters rule book and spitting my dummy out now! I dont know about drug testing he would fail a Human Test!

I have to totally agree. Between the CP1 and the Plastic Fantastic, the P F got it for me. (Although I may still buy a CP1 just for the hell of it.)

ATB
Ian
I have to broadly agree with you guys re the out of the out of box ability of the Spud/cap gun. Nice description from Ooop North :-) (Lov 21).
However ask yourselves this ...would you take pride in owning a souless piece of plastic?
As you may have gathered I have purchased a steel and wood CP1;-)
I can understand Ian ( win at any cost) Jones buying expensive plastic as he wouldn't know quality if he tripped over it (Webley Premier comes to mind):-)
However the CP1 can be transformed in about an hour. First problem, silly length 1st stage, cured by insertion of small packer between trigger and sear.
Secondly heavy grauncy second stage, polished with stone or wet n dry, now around 650gms not perfect but adequate.
Thirdly 550 fps, too much for paper punching and gobbling Co2. 2 coils off the hammer spring gives around 400fps in mine.
Now I just need to give it to someone of Ian's ability for a shoot out ;-) ;-)
Hippo