Thread: RARE 335 Heads up

RARE 335 Heads up

Hi Folks. Super rare Marauder 335 on gunstar. I have nothing to do with the sale, just wish i could afford it. Mach 1.5

That is sweet, and looks to be in great nick. Anyone here shot one? Do they perform as well as they look?

First one I have seen since they originally went on sale. Deffo would be heading my way if I had that sort of money going spare

All thats needed now is a Bavaria Venom to come along and my misery will be complete (cos I know I cant afford one of them either)

Dave

You had to go and mention it. The BSF Bavaria Venom. A gun for which I have always had an incomprehensible affection, and for which I would consider selling a kidney. Even if in reality it's probably nice-looking but a disappointment to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    You had to go and mention it. The BSF Bavaria Venom. A gun for which I have always had an incomprehensible affection, and for which I would consider selling a kidney. Even if in reality it's probably nice-looking but a disappointment to shoot.
    The closest that I have remotely come to a Venom Bavaria is an '80 with a custom walnut sporter stock (not Tyrolean). It has definately been fettled but deffo not a Venom. I heard that the Venom BSFs numbered less than 20?

Coming back to this '335 though this is the only one I have ever seen advertised for sale. Only one I have seen full stop in fact. It looks stunning and I wonder how it shoots?

Dave

It appears to sold to a collector who i've been informed also owns a BSF 55 Venom...really is rubbing salt in...lucky *******. Mach 1.5

Very nice & rare as well,it would be good to have one of these in the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Hi Geezer,got to say I am the lucky owner of one of these beautiful creations and can say they shoot as good as they look! Took me 20 odd years to track one down but well worth it.atb

Quote Originally Posted by richywilk View Post
    Hi Geezer,got to say I am the lucky owner of one of these beautiful creations and can say they shoot as good as they look! Took me 20 odd years to track one down but well worth it.atb
    Would it be a hijack of this thread or possibly cause hassle to ask for a couple of pics of the said Venom Bavaria? Or, maybe start another thread and post some pics? The only photos Ive seen of this gun is in an old AGW article.

On other hand I'm not sure my depression will handle it- so maybe not

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Hi Folks. Super rare Marauder 335 on gunstar. I have nothing to do with the sale, just wish i could afford it. Mach 1.5
    C'mon; paid more for a common as muck Venom 80K Tyro - haven't we!
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Word on the street...the gun arrived today and the collector is crying!!! the parcel company had dropped it and split the stock at the pistol grip..turns out the rifle was not well packed? Mach 1.5

Now that is a shame,at least its not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Word on the street...the gun arrived today and the collector is crying!!! the parcel company had dropped it and split the stock at the pistol grip..turns out the rifle was not well packed? Mach 1.5
    I'd find the nearest tree and a short length of rope. That's awful

Dave

A crying shame
    Its the kind of quality and interesting one I nearly went for, though it went in a flash. As these were customs a new replica stock could be made and shouldn't effect the price so long as its the same quality or better; think it was cheap anyway. I'd get the insurance if there was such to pay for a new stock.