Thread: Warrior Pistol .22 ACCLES and SHELVOKE Valuation please

Warrior Pistol .22 ACCLES and SHELVOKE Valuation please

This is a bit of a rare one and way out of my knowledge so, thought the best place to get a valuation would be here. If you would be so kind to put a value on a Accles and Shlevoke Ltd "WARRIOR" pistol. It is .22 calibre but not sure if this is a conversion with a sleeved inserted barrel? It looks to be of similar patina of the rest of the rifle and would imagine this is how the .177 ones are made too.

I have put some photos here:

http://s39.photobucket.com/user/omant/library/Warrior

Many thanks.
    Caddy.

Hi Caddy nice collectable air pistol from the 30's, Accles and Shelvoke were also famed for their humane killers, my thoughts on the valuation request, at the recent David Swan Collection auction last week, they had a very nice condition one it was lot 1034 and it only sold for £120 plus auctions fees, this I feel is a low price for this pistol, if you look on Gunstar there are currently 3 for sale one at £350, £395 and then JC Military have one listed at £675 now it is boxed with some tools but as a rule of thumb in my humble opinion they are well know for asking double real market price, if you want to sell the pistol on BBS I would say ask £250 to £275 or if on Gunstar ask £300

Hope this helps

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    The .22 version of the Warrior is very rare and should be worth an added premium of at least £50 to any keen collector of British vintage air pistols.

It is most unlikely anyone would go to the trouble of reboring a.177 barrel, and of course sleeving would be out of the question, so you can be sure your gun is original.

I would agree that a .177, second series Warrior in this of sort of condition should fetch around £200 in a private sale and nearer £300 in the much rarer .22 calibre.

Regards

Brian

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Paid 250 for mine.

Dave

Thank you

Thank you for all the valuations, I am glad to hear it is most likely to be an original .22 calibre and even more glad to hear about potential value! I will move this over to a sales thread when the time comes, just enjoying ownership at the moment but will have to be sold soon.

Many thanks.
    Caddy.

A mate of mine sold one at the Melbourne airgun fair this year in about the same condition for £220 hope this helps.

in the sales listing...

Thank you for all your help, this is now up for sale as I have some welding on my landrover to do. Direct link to advert here:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....57#post6804357