Thread: BSA Scorpion Pistol .177

BSA Scorpion Pistol .177

I have just picked up one of these complete with it's box. It is a bit tatty and I will tidy it up a bit.
    Two questions:

1. Its serial prefix is PA which is Mk1 although it has scope rails which I believe is only found on Mk2s. What do we think?

2. What is the ratio of calibres manufactured- .177 to .22?

Thanks

You are into the area of smoke and mist, according to most sources the MK2 (scope rails) was not produced until 1977 but I bought one circa 1973.
    prefixes are confusing to, should relate to bore but also power (some were fitted with a shorter main spring).

Good luck with your research, please keep us all informed as I have delved for years and I am still ignorant.

(I have a MK1 and a MK2 and also have done refurbs over the years on a number of others, .177/.22 probably 50/50 with a slight bias to .22, my experience, don't quote me!).
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

I have a 1st. Issue parts list dated August 1973 where PA & RA prefixes are used with no scope rails shown in the parts diagram, then a 6th. Issue dated March 1977 with PA & RB prefixes and scope rails shown.
    I also have a March 1977 Issue 6 list with prefixes PA & PB shown, but I suspect this is a printing error.

There may well be other issues of the Scorpion instructions and parts list, and it would be interesting to know if anyone has any of these.

The Final Inspection Certificate on my ( bought about 1973ish with scope rails) gun has the number RB30247 on it.

As I say, smoke and mirrors.

BSA inspector No 13 by the way.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .