Thread: Pax Guns Pheonix MK2 boot fair find

Pax Guns Pheonix MK2 boot fair find

In order to get out of the shed and into the sun for a bit (wife's orders) I ended up Walking round a Bootfair with the kids and spotted a nice Pax Guns Pheonix mk11 "fast fire 10" in .22 on a table with spare bottle, decent moderator and mag, To my suprise when I asked the price I get told "..... I'll take 50 quid for it", quickest £50 I've taken outa my pocket ever... get home, gas the bottles up and bingo, does have some air leaking from the seals so will need to replace them and give it a service but otherwise a nice example of a great take down rifle that has just about the quickest Loading of anything I've used and all cos the missus wanted me out of the shed, obviously I've been back in the shed all evening cleaning and checking it over
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Serendipity

Nice find mate
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thumbs up

Flippin'eck!!

Find of the century!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Well done m8. I love my pheonix. The quality is top knotch. Enjoy your find. The seals are easy to change also. Chris

I spoke to Pax guns this afternoon, very helpful indeed, sending me an email with parts diagram and can supply the seals etc, the quality is superb with lots of very nicely machined alluminium and top notch anodising, the trigger is crisp and very very good, and what plastic it does have is of a very high quality polymer type, not my normal choice of rifle but I have to admit I've kinda falling for it during the evening
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    In order to get out of the shed and into the sun for a bit (wife's orders) I ended up Walking round a Bootfair with the kids and spotted a nice Pax Guns Pheonix mk11 "fast fire 10" in .22 on a table with spare bottle, decent moderator and mag, To my suprise when I asked the price I get told "..... I'll take 50 quid for it", quickest £50 I've taken outa my pocket ever... get home, gas the bottles up and bingo, does have some air leaking from the seals so will need to replace them and give it a service but otherwise a nice example of a great take down rifle that has just about the quickest Loading of anything I've used and all cos the missus wanted me out of the shed, obviously I've been back in the shed all evening cleaning and checking it over
    Nice find, Nige!...I have a mk2 Phoenix and a mate at the club has a FF10, both great guns but I just prefer the standard mk2 Phoenix

Before you strip it down it may just need oiling...load a magazine with pellets, then charge the cylinder with air and put a few drops of a suitable thin mineral oil on top of the valve (Parkerhale Express gun oil is recommended) screw bottle on, fit the mag and fire a few off quickly in to the ground...doing this seems to distribute the oil in the top of the valve through the system a little better and may just seal the leak...worth a try anyway
    blah blah

They do a quick fillfor the pheonix/ff10 also. I this week bought 2 extra bottles for my gun off CORKY on here. £50 for both. Pax charge £69 each so a bargain. You had better get another because one you start rattling off the shots it becomes adictive m8.

wow..... what a find!
    I have an Alros Trailsman, 8-shot TDR. Steam driven when compared in design terms, but just love it.
    Enjoy (where was this bootfair again?).

It came with a spare bottle and mag so have enough for a few shots, just debating whether a scope or decent red dot is the way to go now

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    They do a quick fillfor the pheonix/ff10 also. I this week bought 2 extra bottles for my gun off CORKY on here. £50 for both. Pax charge £69 each so a bargain. You had better get another because one you start rattling off the shots it becomes adictive m8.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Done the oil trick yesterday but still loosing air, can't see anything else wrong so will do the seals for reliability, will be using this as my choice of rifle from now on I think

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    Nice find, Nige!...I have a mk2 Phoenix and a mate at the club has a FF10, both great guns but I just prefer the standard mk2 Phoenix

Before you strip it down it may just need oiling...load a magazine with pellets, then charge the cylinder with air and put a few drops of a suitable thin mineral oil on top of the valve (Parkerhale Express gun oil is recommended) screw bottle on, fit the mag and fire a few off quickly in to the ground...doing this seems to distribute the oil in the top of the valve through the system a little better and may just seal the leak...worth a try anyway
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    It came with a spare bottle and mag so have enough for a few shots, just debating whether a scope or decent red dot is the way to go now
    I have a 3-9x50 Redfield on mine at the minute but have had a few scopes on it inc a little Hakko, little Simmons and a JSB holosight from our sponsor (these seem to be a copy of the Hakko Panorama?)...all worked fine on the gun, the small holosight was fun for a while but I soon put the Redfield back on it

We put a cheap Chinese laser on the FF10 for my mate Al, he likes it and gets on just fine with it...we also put a Weaver mounted fore-end grip on the underside front stock so he can hold it properly!...he loves that gun now
    blah blah