Thread: Feinwerkbau History No 1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

History No. 1

These pistols (amongst others) were deemed not reproductions at the World Championships in Granada last year. However, this was for MLAIC Championship meetings and there is a moratorium in place until 2021. The main reason for it's failure to comply is the use of aluminium in it's construction - a material which was relatively unknown in the period. It was the fact that it isn't an exact copy that meant Feinwerkbau had to call it the History rather than a Billinghurst on which it is loosely based. To be fair, at the top level of the sport, there are pistols which stretch the definition of reproduction on almost every detail.

Can I also add here that I equalled the 150 record (144x150) at the Autumn OTF meeting with a Baumkircher pistol (if you're not familiar with his work: http://baumkircher.at/Default.aspx?s...t.aspx&lang=en)

There are no plans within the MLAGB to ban these pistols from any UK competition.

I write with specific knowledge as the MLAGB treasurer and the GB MLAIC delegate.
    Last edited by NickHarvey; 24-10-2015 at 09:18 AM.
    If you must drive on the right, move to France