Thread: Wooler auction

Wooler auction

Auctioneer Jim Railton had a fair selection of airguns in his sale at Wooler ( extreme north of England ) this morning, I didn't have time to view so just watched online, (I'm reluctant to bid lots that I've not seen up close) but did see a few bits that I would have tried for, had I been there.
    Did anyone here attend?
    Mel.

Hi Mel,
    I watched online too, I had a few cheeky bids on a couple of items in the hope I might of been lucky. No chance well beyond my prices.
    Did you find them accurate prices, I thought they were a bit high on some items. maybe just me, I don't know the values of some.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy001 View Post
    Hi Mel,
    I watched online too, I had a few cheeky bids on a couple of items in the hope I might of been lucky. No chance well beyond my prices.
    Did you find them accurate prices, I thought they were a bit high on some items. maybe just me, I don't know the values of some.
    I think people went a bit silly splashing the cash when same guns for sale on the net 30% CHEAPER AND NO AUCTION FEES TO PAY

Hi Mel,
    I thought some of the bits were OK at the price but lack of decent photo's makes it difficult to be sure. Most of it made as much as it would anywhere else.
    Mel.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I got a trio of old starter pistols. I know I put a few cheeky bids on a couple of months back, but I don't know why I put one on these?

Hey-ho! It'll annoy the neighbours.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by mel h View Post
    I thought some of the bits were OK at the price but lack of decent photo's makes it difficult to be sure. Most of it made as much as it would anywhere else.
    Mel.
    That's the problem, I took a chance a few months ago buying electrical tools from there. They had more rust on them than I could tell from photos.

That's the problem, I took a chance a few months ago buying electrical tools from there. They had more rust on them than I could tell from photos.
    I've been a regular auction buyer for as long as I can remember but am reluctant to buy un seen / handled (although I have done it). I do regularly look at some of the items bought by online bidders and think that the buyer is going to be seriously disappointed when they finally see some of the lots, but that's the chance they take. I'm talking in general terms, not just airguns.
    Anyone buying online should ask the auctioneer for a condition report and some guarantee of originality. Then hope that the auctioneer has some understanding of the subject, because they have a lot of small print to hide behind if they don't.
    Mel

I've been a regular auction buyer for as long as I can remember but am reluctant to buy un seen / handled (although I have done it). I do regularly look at some of the items bought by online bidders and think that the buyer is going to be seriously disappointed when they finally see some of the lots, but that's the chance they take. I'm talking in general terms, not just airguns.
    Anyone buying online should ask the auctioneer for a condition report and some guarantee of originality. Then hope that the auctioneer has some understanding of the subject, because they have a lot of small print to hide behind if they don't.
    Mel
    i didn't t know you could do that. I will definitely bare that in mind for future auctions. I've only recently started to look at auctions since there was a lot of talk on here recently of the Newcastle sale.

I wonder if any other members won any of the items...

i didn't t know you could do that. I will definitely bare that in mind for future auctions. I've only recently started to look at auctions since there was a lot of talk on here recently of the Newcastle sale.

I wonder if any other members won any of the items...
    Most where to dear for me when you add all the extras on, auction fees vat and postage.

They certainly don't give much time to collect. Saleroom has to be cleared by Tuesday or the item will be resold.
    Means I have to flog over to Wooler tomorrow, which is inconvenient, rather than later in the week

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    They certainly don't give much time to collect. Saleroom has to be cleared by Tuesday or the item will be resold.
    Means I have to flog over to Wooler tomorrow, which is inconvenient, rather than later in the week
    Most of them say things like that to speed things along, I can understand the urgency if the premisses used for the auction is not a permanent site that needs to be vacated quickly.
    I can't imagine that they have a buyer in mind after you bid more than anyone else for the item, might be worth giving them a ring and asking.

Mel.

Most of them say things like that to speed things along, I can understand the urgency if the premisses used for the auction is not a permanent site that needs to be vacated quickly.
    I can't imagine that they have a buyer in mind after you bid more than anyone else for the item, might be worth giving them a ring and asking.

Mel.
    Sensible words indeed, i think for some auction houses, internet bidding is still new and unproven to them at least and they still have reservations for now as to whether bidders will turn up to pay for and collect lots. Its never going to be as definite and desirable as having someone in the room and paying there and then. The scene is still evolving.
    Eric