Bob
Agree with your evaluation of the chunky Alecto, I bought a new one to get me back into pistol a couple of years ago but swiftly got sucked into competition shooting via the MPL then swiftly into 10m and proper target PCP pistols. The fwb 65 I've been using is so different in weight distribution to the K12 I've been training hard with I decided to try out the HW40 in the last round and to use the Alecto in this round. Took it out of the case last week and had a go and yup oversize, out of star wars, too big for my little hand but shoots fine when you get used to the slightly creepy release. Not messed about with pellets but I usually use cheaper ones with the cheaper pistols.
Took my wife's hw40 to bits - trigger - and polished the shear and she loves it but does not have the strength to cock the thing - I do it so I guess it's a pcp now!

For so little money both the above make great competition pistols for 6yd and it's not easy by any means but very different to 10m which I shoot most days now but I can shoot 6yd and the mpl in the living room when I do not want to go out to the club as a stress buster.

There is so much headroom for focused fun at 6yds with the cheaper pistols I find it strange not more people do it.

Oh and your scores are in the table now Bob

Geo