I started to catch-up with my MPL tonight and since I have just cleaned and walnut oil dressed the grip of my "new to me" Air Match 650 I took some Meiserkugeln pellets and risked another blood blister and started to shoot.

I have called this pistol Arkwright after the till in "open all hours" as that is what it reminds me of every time I cock it and risk trapping my fingers/thumb/hand parts between the lever and the cylinder as it snaps shut but it does look good and shoots well - or it did for a while

Well Arkwright and I started OK but I was sure I could hear a hissing sound as I went along and finally decided to hold the cocked ( but not loaded) pistol to my ear when the steady hissing sound from the breach/trigger area was confirmed.

This required an urgent dive into the cupboard and out came the substitute - my Original Model 10 for the October cards.

Very little difference was seen on the score cards between the SSP and the springer and although changing pistols mid-way was not the intended plan it was good fun and I enjoyed the change.

.....now I need to find some seals for my Air Match - anybody know who might have some? If not the ALDI SSP First Aid box ("O" ring set) may be pressed into action again,