I maybe preaching to the converted but I was just browsing the net ( looking for Chronometer related material ) and came across a post in the Hunting Life forum posted in 2009. The storey was about an angler that had his gun seized in a police raid after a report of a " domestic disturbance ". The gun was found to be over the limit and he was jailed for 9 months. He had proof that he had bought the rifle in car boot sale and the gun was only to shoot rats with as he did his angling mostly at night and the place was rat infested. The gun was found in his angling gear. Another poster stated that he was prosecuted in 2007 for having his gun over the limit @ 12.4 . He had proof that the gun was set @ 11.5 but still Police claimed that the gun did 12.4 with their test pellet and a Skan Chronometer. I myself have 5 guns two of which are running at 11.6, the other three are about 11.2, but with pellets that I think produce most energy. Having read this I am going to see if I could detune the guns to 11.2. One never knows. I travel to the outdoor range on Sundays and god forbid if I had an accident on the crazy M62 then I wouldn't want the a double whammy and be shafted twice.
On a different note the law states that it is illegal to be in possession of an air gun that is capable of going beyond 12 ft.lbs without an FAC. The way I look at it all air rifles are capable of going over 12 ft.lbs so in effect this is already loaded against us. PCPs and CO2 guns are notorious for this on a hot sunny day, so what is the answer really?

Regards,

A.G