Thread: HW35 valuation please

HW35 valuation please

Out and about today i came across a HW35 that will be coming up for sale quite soon. Serial no. 107725 and in .22 cal, the stock is excellent but the barrel and chamber have been nickel plated at some point. A basic scope mounted on a 1 pc mount and although the original open sights are not fitted i am told they are available. I know someone is bound to ask for pictures but i didn't take any, sorry and to be honest i always struggle to get the up on here. The rifle shoots (i am assured), no safety and has a metal butt plate (not the rubberized sort) I think it dates to early 60's. Has anyone a rough idea what a fair price would be? Thanks in advance of any input guys.

Vintage HW35

Vintage HW35, any ideas of rough value please?

If it would give you a guide, I'm currently in the process of selling a 1966 HW35 in .22". In pretty good all round condition, with the bluing exhibiting some age related marks, but everything together and with a scope, I'm asking £140. The nickel plating is going to be a marmite option, which could devalue the rifle, so I personally wouldn't give over the ton for it.

As always, its worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it.

I agree with the previous poster, around £100 is what I'd expect to pay if I was in the market for one.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Hw35

Thanks guys, i value your input. Atb
    Last edited by Mr. Scratch; 08-01-2016 at 05:09 PM.