Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
You won't believe it but I have dug out one of my LP53 pistols and have been looking at it with a view to seeing if it is possible to "tame" it a bit better than the last time I tried (and failed).

I know the LP53 is a brilliant pistol and those who shoot them enough to get used to the strange (unique) vertical recoil are able to shoot very well with them, but sadly I do not appear to be one of them - well not yet!

Tonight I will try again and see if I can make any sort of progress as this one shoots really well and has a superb trigger so it can only be the bloke who pulls the trigger that is spoiling the scores
I have a late LP53 with the flat back that I zeroed for 10 Metre shooting a few years ago. After a little practice, I was able to record a few scores in the high 40s x 50. One thing I find with the LP53 is I benefit from taking a few warm up shots first. Probably due to that upward recoil. I used another last year (the up-powered model that Protek based their upgrade kits on) to score joint first in a pistol hunter comp, which was part of Basingstoke's 40th birthday celebrations. I lost out in the shoot off but was very happy with my score on the day, or rather the pistol's!

All in all, the LP53 is indeed an excellent pistol, which is capable of very good performance.

John