Thread: Sportsmatch GC2 pistol

Sportsmatch GC2 pistol

Looking for any info, pictures or details on the above please. I'm aware one did the rounds via a few gun clubs with Terry Doe, it was not put into production in the end and some of the parts scrapped due to an anodising issue.

Being a GC2 obsessive I have managed to obtain all the remaining parts with a view to getting this rare beast back up and running. I am in contact with the factory re some spares and the original drawings etc but any info is welcome. I will have to get a new breach block machined as this was smaller than the normal GC2 block amongst other odd parts so will make an interesting project

Cheers

Pete

Bump up

Anyone?

There was an article on the GC2 pistol, Ripley pistol and the 'Woden' - (Mick Dawes Special pistol) in AGW though I cannot remember the year - if anyone can shed any more light on dates I will look through my AGW archive ( I have them all but in the loft so not that accessible)

HTH

Thank you for your reply, if you happen to have the article on the scimitar also (august 92 I think?) I would be grateful for a photocopy and will cover your costs.

Cheers

Pete

Pete

Do you think the pistol came after the scimitar ? i.e after 1992, or same year ? - this will save me lots of time searching

any help on dates welcome before I dodge the cobwebs

TBH I am not 100%. I would guess 91-95 but I wouldn't want you getting into grief in the loft ;-)
    Either way I will make sure there is a pint or two in it :-)
    All the best

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    Pete

Do you think the pistol came after the scimitar ? i.e after 1992, or same year ? - this will save me lots of time searching

any help on dates welcome before I dodge the cobwebs
    I am pretty sure the article with the GC2 pistol predates the Scimitar, sorry cannot be more precise than that. I know I used to have a copy of the mag with that article but it is long since gone unfortunately.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Bump up for today....

Last bump for any info, pictures, magazine articles etc

Sportsmatch have the pistol and are doing a complete rebuild to as as new specification and this is their first new build in 20 years and is a one off. It will take months to complete so will include pictures when I have it back. This is going to be the longest few months of my life!

Pete