Thread: Relum super tornado

Relum super tornado

Hi

I was clearing out a barn and found almost all of a relum super tornado it was going to be used as fire wood and scrap metal so i saved it not to sure if this was a good move or not but all that i can see is missing is the trigger assembly i found a trigger of but missing the rest has anyone got one of these air rifles and any advice info or pictures of the trigger assembly

thanks

relum tornado

Hi there,Protek Supplies on 01234-824284.They have loads of relum parts and guns and can give you any info you need on these rifles.A lot of people scoff at these guns,but I have two tornadoes in my small collection and they are good little rifles. Kev.

thanks for your reply been looking at there site for parts managed to get a trigger cheep on but someone bid against me double the retail price on the rest. my main problem is i never seen an assembled trigger so i would be just winging it and i don't want to pull the trigger and have it shoot me and not the unsuspecting coke can
    Last edited by myusername; 16-02-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myusername View Post
    thanks for your reply been looking at there site for parts managed to get a trigger cheep on but someone bid against me double the retail price on the rest. my main problem is i never seen an assembled trigger so i would be just winging it and i don't want to pull the trigger and have it shoot me and not the unsuspecting coke can
    Never fear - the Coke can is safe.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Relum

Hi again,Dennis hillers collectors guide to air rifles has an exploded view of the super tornado showing the trigger in bits.Plus its got all the part numbers.Hope this helps.Kev.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

Good man save the tornado as i and some of the more discerning bbs mems
    .while your about it give the stock a rub down and use a nice mahogany dye
    followed by a good quality lacquer ,looks a treat.A good one can attain £75
    now...lol. its not the vulgar monetary value more about the pleasure of ownership..
    If your into strong functionality then why not have a look at the predom rifles ,
    similar but a little better in quality ;and curiously manufactured in
    a converted polish washing machine factory.[true]
    Last edited by red bob; 16-02-2016 at 07:06 PM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Smile We help where we can

Quote Originally Posted by scooter48 View Post
    Hi again,Dennis hillers collectors guide to air rifles has an exploded view of the super tornado showing the trigger in bits.Plus its got all the part numbers.Hope this helps.Kev.

myusername.

I have been digging about for information on BSA improved this morning and have just read your post.
    I've taken images for you from the Dennis Hillier book I have here on loan.
    They're uploaded to Photobucket so save the images if they are of any use.

Last edited by slow_runner; 16-02-2016 at 08:16 PM.

thanks for all your replys i have been lurking about on for the parts but only finding the random tornado parts and the super tornado is different those pictures posted are what i am after but those are for the tornado the super tornado has a different guts inside the trigger thats how i ended up doing a cowboy repair job on the tornado i have i was given it for parts but none fitted the super tornado and had a row of holes like someone drilled into it to fit some long scope so i filled them in with cut down computer screws as thats my main profession and only parts i have lieing round. that one fires very well but this one sits there and i have a box of Promethean pellets waiting for it

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    Good man save the tornado as i and some of the more discerning bbs mems
    .while your about it give the stock a rub down and use a nice mahogany dye
    followed by a good quality lacquer ,looks a treat.A good one can attain £75
    now...lol. its not the vulgar monetary value more about the pleasure of ownership..
    If your into strong functionality then why not have a look at the predom rifles ,
    similar but a little better in quality ;and curiously manufactured in
    a converted polish washing machine factory.[true]
    Now that revelation has near destroyed my affection for the Predom Bob; I thought it was the more refined, mechanically engineered sewing machine factory

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south
    LOL,well you weren't far out just that the factory was washing machines first then converted to sewing machines afterwards.
    adaptable if nothing else these poles.
    having said that the ki170 and 188 both incorporated interesting design features .
    the ki170 being the cut price copy of the lp53 wasn't the worst facsimile around
    and has its own little group of niche collectors.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Lovely :):)

Myusername, if you get disillusioned with the tornado, pop it in an envelope and post to me. I would be happy to have the problem to solve
    Good luck with it, something or someone will appear with the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    LOL,well you weren't far out just that the factory was washing machines first then converted to sewing machines afterwards. adaptable if nothing else these poles. having said that the ki170 and 188 both incorporated interesting design features . the ki170 being the cut price copy of the lp53 wasn't the worst facsimile around
    and has its own little group of niche collectors.
    I like the fact that most Eastern bloc air rifles have the borax thrown at them by some. They are good, solidly built performers that will outlast any tatty BSA Meteor types Better quality at a fraction.
    I have a nice 187 from the sewing machine era that shares much with its copy relative, the Falke 70.

Last edited by slow_runner; 16-02-2016 at 11:29 PM. Reason: edit

i like a challenge and this one is it the loading tap was stuck solid so much when i pressed down on it i kind or riped the handle off so there's another part to my list i did find a relum scope to add to it once i can get the trigger found and fitted. soon as i get time i will take pics of what i got and put them up and pics of the repair on the tornado for you to point and laugh at

http://s411.photobucket.com/user/018277/library/Public

few pictures of what i have the tornado has a few air holes i had to fix and the super tornado is looks like it missing something important