Thread: A Webley Mark 3 Second Series Rifle from 1948/49

A Webley Mark 3 Second Series Rifle from 1948/49

For Sale as I need the cabinet space. An early .22 calibre 2nd Series model with a SN in the low 3000s. Double pull trigger works and is very smooth in operation - a nice pull. This type of trigger may also be dry fired on the first click. 2nd type of loading tap in that it was fitted with a covering plate. Faded grey original finish and traces of original blue in places. Clean readable markings, other than faded finish to stock medallion. Matching serial number stamped inside stock, which confirms stock and action were assembled together. Nice dark walnut stock with barely visible repair to forend (see pic 8). The cocking lever catch that is dovetailed into the barrel may be a later replacement as the lever has to be forced against the barrel with a bit of effort to ensure it locks up against the barrel (I haven't had my file out to rectify this thankfully!). Shoots well with good power and accuracy. Piston washer provides a good seal. Both front and back sights are intact and work. The rifle will produce one hole groups at 6 yards. Not a common find today. £160 f2f or can post at cost and buyer's risk.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5dhkeyav5...n9X-s4DSa?dl=0

Thanks for looking,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Yes please if you can let me have a price for parcel force 48.

Cheers

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Frame View Post
    Yes please if you can let me have a price for parcel force 48.

Cheers

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I'll remove the action from the stock for a smaller parcel. Shall we say £12?

Will send a PM with my receiving details.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Arghhhh.
    Missed.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Payment made

Dave
    Smell my cheese