Thread: New here, I dont have a gun and cant look in sales, catch 177

New here, I dont have a gun and cant look in sales, catch 177

Hi I'm looking to return to Aitgunning after a 25 year break. I was hoping to use the sales forums on here to find a rifle.

It's my sons 15th Birthday so was hoping to pick something lightish up for him. I have bad memories of trying to shoot a hw77 which I bought mail order when I was 15. Struggled with it for a few months then sold it. It really was too heavy.

So not wanting to make the same mistake for my son I'm looking for suggestions. I imagine hunting will occur as he Live sin East Sussex, but I wasnt him to get involved in FT or HFT so something that is semi competetive accuracy wise is a must.

Looking for a springer, not PCP, they seem lifeless. plus there's the charging gear. I can remember going through half a tin of pellets in a day, no recharging needed then!
    Underlever preferably, I dont see how a break barrel could ever be 100% aligned after cocking. That said the Walthers with the barrel lock are an option, possibly the LGV challenger.

Currently working in London in the Week. Home is Liverpool, so I have options of sourcing.

Looking forward to your advice / contrary views.

Barry

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Hi Barry, welcome to THe Forum

Great that you want to get your young 'un into air rifles. The Sales section will 'appear' for you once you've posted a few (6 or 7ish) posts so get typing and start or join some threads mate. I've seen a good few threads on here regarding adolescent air guns so have a good look in the Search function too. Read the 'rules' section too. Let us know how you get on with your thoughts for the best choice(s) as you go.

Regards

Paul

Ps - get typng
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Ditto

Hi, I'm looking to get to the sales page too. Apparently if you post a few times you get access. There are some good general topics to comment on. Good luck.