Thread: Good Fortune

Good Fortune

I bought a Webley Service mk2 about two years back but the barrel serial no did not match .About a month ago i bought another two from the same guy as spares. This morning while working on the spare the serial no on one of the barrels rang a bell.On checking my complete one low and behold the serial no's match.I removed the barrel from the completed gun and find that it matches the spares gun. I now have two complete guns with matching serial no's.Good fortune that i doubt will be repeated again
    Craig

Fortunate indeed, particularly considering your location, or is there an abundance of Mk.II Webley Service rifles in SA. ?

Webley's in SA are like the proverbial hens teeth.I only know of a handful and condition on most are poor.I am sure most were destroyed when they were handed in when licencing of airguns became a requirement.I sure do hope to uncover a hidden gem somewhere that had been hidden away
    ATB Craig

Licensing of airguns?
    Are they not powerful enough to meet SA laws?

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Licensing of airguns?
    Are they not powerful enough to meet SA laws?
    Gingernut this was in the 1980's and most were just handed in and destroyed to avoid the hassels of licensing. We no longer require licences for air rifles less than 5.6mm calibre. We luckily have no restriction on power only on calibre

I see.
    Was puzzled

What are the chances of that happening? I'm very pleased for you Craig.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.