Thread: Wanted stock for.25 BSA

Wanted stock for.25 BSA

Hi fellow collectors, I have a .25 break barrel BSA, may be a 635 Magnum, no makings on air chamber etc. Serial number is AWC 1155. I need a stock for this rifle, will a Mercury stock fit this gun?
    Thanks Paul

Wanted stock for.25 BSA

a pic would help? has it got the mercury/airsporter curved back block?

.25 BSA Stock

Thanks for replies, hebhaggis has confirmed I have a BSA Mercury 635 Magnum. Now all I need is a stock.
    Thanks Paul

There's a Mk3 Mercury stock on that auction site,presumably the inlet is the same.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Depending on what cocking linkage you have, depends on what stock will fit, I'm not sure what type yours has, if it has the one piece linkage then the stock on the bay won't fit but if it has the articulated linkage then the stock will fit, I have a couple of stocks for the later models, one has been refinished (but not very well) and the chequering has been flattened and has no butt pad and I have a good stock on one of my rifles that will be getting swapped soon for a Challenger stock, so if you're interested let me know and we'll sort out a price but I need to know what cocking linkage you have.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Standard link for a 635 is articulated.
    You can use either stock for the articulated action but only the correct stock for the non articulated action.
    Edd.
    The only good rat is a dead rat and the best poison to use is lead.... .25 Flavour
    No I don't want the bucket closer

.25 BSA Stock

Hi guys, thanks for the further information, I did not realise about the 'articulated' cocking linkage, my rifle does have the 2 piece one. I am expecting a stock next week that should fit. Thanks again to all that replied and made offers of a stock.
    Regards Paul.