Thread: Bisley Vintage Shoot Invitation

Bisley Vintage Shoot Invitation

The vintage section at Bisley are hosting a Tactical Air Gun (TAG) competition on Sunday 17 April and our friends from the BBS Collectables section are invited.

This is a first for Bisley, although the format has been used before at Basingstoke, Burnham and Meon Valley, albeit with scoped rifles. It is an alternative to HFT in that targets are all painted a neutral colour, including the kill zones and a hit on the metal face plate scores minus 2! A knockdown scores 1 point and a miss 0. The format is intended to simulate a hunting scenario and requires 'tactics' in electing to shoot at a target or not in order to stack up points and keep 'wounding' faceplate shots to a minimum.

Open or peep but no magnifying sights are permitted and ranges will be appropriate for pre 1939 rifles. See the attached flyer for further details

http://www.bfto.org.uk/images/TAG%202016.pdf

Hope to see friends old and new on the day.

John and Jo
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Interesting... trouble is I think the wobley service is just old enough, but I can't hit anything with it... and the Mk2 airsporter it too new.. I think I need one of those BSA standards...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Interesting... trouble is I think the wobley service is just old enough, but I can't hit anything with it... and the Mk2 airsporter it too new.. I think I need one of those BSA standards...
    I've used a Service successfully in vintage shoots before Jon but BSAs are certainly in the majority, so yes, I reckon you need one

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

The course has been set and it is 'interesting'

Not that I'm a grass but look who has set up the hardest target!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nf1kjpkoh...trHXt68Xa?dl=0

Can you even see the killzone on the rabbit?

The rat should be a challenge too as it all looks one colour from the firing point.

John