Thread: which HW seal for bsa challenger/mercury

which HW seal for bsa challenger/mercury

Need a new one for my challenger & seem to remember a post on here saying HW ones work better, anyone know which model seal to buy? Edit- it's for the breech I forgot to add, bought a cheap one from the bay & it was a bit of rubber tube cut down to size & failed straight away. seller H9319 to avoid chaps!
    Last edited by junglie; 11-06-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Need a new one for my challenger & seem to remember a post on here saying HW ones work better, anyone know which model seal to buy?
    nah, IIRC the bore is 28mm, so a diana seal would work. HW seals are 22, 25,26 and 30mm. The meteor greatly benefits from an HW seal conversion - 11Fp easy
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    nah, IIRC the bore is 28mm, so a diana seal would work. HW seals are 22, 25,26 and 30mm. The meteor greatly benefits from an HW seal conversion - 11Fp easy
    As Jon says, a 25mm bored Meteor (the later models with the parachute seal) benefits from either a 25mm HW seal conversion (from Tinners) or a TX seal straight onto the dovetails, Mercury's and Challengers have a 28mm bore and will need an adapter made up to fit a 28mm Diana seal or you can fit a Meteor O ring to the original BSA head that seems to help relieve tightness, depending on the tightness of the cylinder the Diana seals can be a bit tight and need sizing.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Need a new one for my challenger & seem to remember a post on here saying HW ones work better, anyone know which model seal to buy? Edit- it's for the breech I forgot to add, bought a cheap one from the bay & it was a bit of rubber tube cut down to size & failed straight away. seller H9319 to avoid chaps!
    Hw77 breech seal works well on mercury/meteor barrels
    Regards Graham

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa g View Post
    Hw77 breech seal works well on mercury/meteor barrels
    Regards Graham
    So do the break barrel breech seals.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in