Thread: Diana mk iv in original box

Diana mk iv in original box

Hi folks
    I'm selling a mil to Diana mk iv air pistol ( made in Scotland) in its original boX
    Can anyone give me an estimated value ?
    Thanks in advance
    Gazzapt

Quote Originally Posted by gazzapt View Post
    Hi folks
    I'm selling a mil to Diana mk iv air pistol ( made in Scotland) in its original boX
    Can anyone give me an estimated value ?
    Thanks in advance
    Gazzapt
    Hi Gazzapt,

Depends on condition and what accessories accompany the set. As a ball park value, I have paid from £30 to £130 for boxed examples over the last year. If you can post clear pics, they will help with a valuation.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Muzzle velocity of Diana MK iv

I shot my MK iv over the chronograph this evening using Crosman wadcutters. Ten shots averaged 255.4 feet/second. Does anyone know the approximate muzzle velocity of these airguns when new?

Quote Originally Posted by grantb View Post
    I shot my MK iv over the chronograph this evening using Crosman wadcutters. Ten shots averaged 255.4 feet/second. Does anyone know the approximate muzzle velocity of these airguns when new?
    Hi grantb,

As far as I know, Milbro never advertised actual MV figures but 255 fps is probably not that wide of the mark. My guess is an 'as new' example should be capable of achieving velocities of around 300 fps and will have to get around to testing some of my Mk IVs.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Hi Grantb,

On the back of your question, I chronoed some of my examples with the following resuts:

1st Type Mark IV dated 1957
    Excellent original condition with little wear.
    Average MV of 276 fps with a high of 281 fps

2nd Type Milbro G4 dated 1969 and fitted with an after market synthetic spring guide.
    As new condition
    Average MV of 300 fps with a high of 302 fps

2nd Type Diana G4 dated 1976
    Excellent original condition with little wear.
    Average MV of 257 fps with a high of 270 fps

2nd Type Diana G4 dated 1981
    As new condition
    Average MV of 275 fps with a high of 290 fps

Hope that provides a rough indication of MV. All pistols tested had previously been oiled/greased apart from the 1981 dated example. All washers were inspected and found to be in excellent order with no replacement required. I tested them with Hobbies, which were a good fit in all barrels, although a little tight in the 1st Type Mark IV.

Hope that helps.

John

Hello John, thank you for the velocity information. It appears my MK iv is only slightly underpowered. I bought it mainly due to interest in the design. They are not common in this part of the world.

Cheers,

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by grantb View Post
    Hello John, thank you for the velocity information. It appears my MK iv is only slightly underpowered. I bought it mainly due to interest in the design. They are not common in this part of the world.

Cheers,

Grant
    I have a soft spot for them too Grant but am fortunate in that Mark IVs are still fairly common here. A collector's item of the future though.

Kind regards,

John