Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
I have a Crosman 2240 and it seems to be indestructible.

My experience with other modern CO2 pistols is not so good.

Tanaglio Witness - I have two and each has been replaced under warranty 3 times. After a few thousand or so bbs they just jammed or you could hear stray bbs rattling around inside. I have one which works after switching parts around with the other (warranty expired). I am very careful with my guns - no abuse, kept clean etc but to no avail. I know about the problems with a bb being stuck in the blowback system but that is not the problem.

Cybergun Mini Uzi - I have two of these and the problem is exactly the same as with the Witnesses. One is now a static model and the other either goes full auto (no I have not modified it and the catch cannot be moved to full auto mode) which is illegal or, more often, it just clicks but does not fire. Both went wrong in the first month and both have been replaced. Again the warranties are long expired.

KWC P08 - a lovely pistol. The first went full auto after three weeks - replaced under warranty. The second just dumped all of the CO2 as soon as you cocked it - again replaced under warranty. The third I have had for 6 weeks and occasionally will fire three or four shots on auto so it seems this one is heading for static model status too.

KWC broom handle Mauser - 2 months old and so far so good.

I have tried everything with the ones I have problems with - even new spare mags do not make a difference. As I say I do not abuse them but I do put lots of bbs through them in relatively short amount of time so I guess I just wear them out quickly.

Against that I have a couple of Crosman 600s from the 1960s and have put at least 15 thousand rounds through each with no problems at all. It is the same with my Sheridan EB20 - it just keeps going. Same with my 2250s and SMK QB78 Match - non blowbacks seem to be no problem whilst old blowbacks (600) were engineered from vastly superior materials.

The problem seems to be the complexity and weak materials used in blowback guns which come to the fore if you use them too much.

Or maybe I am just unusually unlucky?
Wow, that doesn't bode well for me either then!

My Webley MK VI .177 pellet was faulty on arrival (Replaced without question by the retailer). A problem with the safety and then a problem with single action/double action. It's not terribly accurate, which is very noticeable now I have another pistol to compare it with.

I'm VERY pleased with my Umarex Colt Government 1911 A1 .177 pellet. It fits my hand perfectly, lovely balance, nice action and very accurate. At my current rate I'll be clocking up 15,000 rounds shortly! It seems well made, so I'm hoping it can take the strain!

I do look after my guns, but I don't over clean them. Usually clean the barrels when the pellets begin to wander off target.
[I've posted another query asking about cleaning on this website].

I'm a little put off by blowback pistols, as I've read that they use significantly more CO2 and the shots/cartridge is poor. Also I think the more moving parts the more likely something will wear out quicker!