Thread: Rare Air Gun Pellet Packaging

Rare Air Gun Pellet Packaging

Hello,

A fellow club member of mine has quite a collection of rare air gun pellet packaging and recently brought them along for us to take look.

Although rare, I had seen most of them before with the exception of the two pictured below.

Just wondered if anybody had any information relating to these particular pellets.

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/...psrnlzkuvq.jpg

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/...pscng2aprn.jpg

Regards

Brian

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi Brian, l think you will find that John Atkins did a artical on these pellets not so long ago in airgunner, these are quite rare, and made around about the 1910-20s if memory serves me well, but l could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hi Brian, l think you will find that John Atkins did a artical on these pellets not so long ago in airgunner, these are quite rare, and made around about the 1910-20s if memory serves me well, but l could be wrong.
    Hi Mickey,

I have copies of a couple of articles written by John Atkins which featured many of the pellets from that period, but it doesn't include these two particular examples.

It just goes to show how popular air gun shooting must have been around that time for so many different brands to be on offer. I would think most would have been produced by the same large manufacturer and distributed by different suppliers under their own trade labels.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 09-08-2016 at 07:58 PM.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    John Atkins mentions these two slugs in his Airgunner column February 1992 (no pictures unfortunately). Both were made by Banks, and the Globe slugs were typical hollow cup slugs, whereas the Bulfin was a solid waisted pellet. Both were advertised in Fagan's 1907 catalogue, so they are more than 100 years old. They should then be worth quite a bit to vintage pellet collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    John Atkins mentions these two slugs in his Airgunner column February 1992 (no pictures unfortunately). Both were made by Banks, and the Globe slugs were typical hollow cup slugs, whereas the Bulfin was a solid waisted pellet. Both were advertised in Fagan's 1907 catalogue, so they are more than 100 years old. They should then be worth quite a bit to vintage pellet collectors.
    Hello,

Thanks for the very helpful information. I guess it won't be the last time I come across another example of the bewildering number of pellet packs from that period that I don't recognise.

Regards

Brian