Thread: Front sight on FWB LP 65.

Front sight on FWB LP 65.

I know a few of these had shrouded barrels, but am I right in thinking the standard barrels on the 65 are the same as the ones on the LP80?

Reason I'm asking is that I want a new front sight for my LP80 and all I can find is one for the LP65.

Will it fit?
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Will it fit

I think all 3 had the the same fittings...i have had a 65 and an 80 and i know other parts were interchangable..

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    I know a few of these had shrouded barrels, but am I right in thinking the standard barrels on the 65 are the same as the ones on the LP80?

Reason I'm asking is that I want a new front sight for my LP80 and all I can find is one for the LP65.

Will it fit?
    Arthur I expect all front sights were interchangeable between models but can't say for certain that the tapered peg was always the same diameter. Wonky donky would probably know that sort of thing.

If your mod 80 was early production, the front sight would have had rounded sides, but FWB added a more angular front sight, with flats on the sides, at some point in the (early?) 1980s. I've seen both the early and later styles on both models, (long tang) 65 and 80.

FWB 65 with later front sight
    Approx 1977 FWB 80 and approx 1974 FWB 65, both with earlier round-sided front sight (mod 80 on left, ignore bent sight element)
    pic 1
    Pic 2
    Last edited by Garvin; 15-08-2016 at 07:19 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

They have the same part number on the Waffencenter Gotha site, 1810.114.1 (it looks to be the later type that Garvin described above).

Thanks to you all.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.