Thread: Pp700 sa

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My experience with SMK PP 700 pcp psitol

My experience with SMK PP 700pcp pistol on 20 August 2016.

I had been waiting to purchase one of these pistols for several months as I wanted the open sight model.

My first impressions were favourable and the rather loud green grips of the first model had been replaced by a much darker colour. On the whole I was impressed and it was nicely weighted and fitted my size 10 hands. I did notice that the rear sight only had adjustability for Windage and there was no provision whatsoever for elevation or depression which effectively means you have a fixed range and then you have to estimate by eye.

I took it to the range and filled it to 200 bar, then I placed a paper target out at 10 yards which I was hitting with ease, I then proceeded to the usual silhouettes HFT targets out to 27 yards at that range I was hitting the target surround but not the kill zone, it was quite windy.

I had fired a total of 50 pellets approximately when I loaded a pellet into the breech and closed it, I then tried to cock the hammer! The trigger would not engage I asked my colleagues on the range to see if they could cock the pistol they too had no success.

I returned the pistol to the shop for a refund which I received.

My colleague has the first model (2) without sights and uses a red dot sights of his guns; those guns have been used to train the local Scout group and Army Cadets and have shot many thousands of rounds without any problems, other than requiring lubrication and cleaning.

I am alone in my experience of the new model?
    Last edited by Fred16; 04-01-2017 at 07:29 PM.