Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Tracker .22 Calibre.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Hi ASM don't misunderstand my criticism of the Tracker trigger, they work well on the majority, but what I don't like is the design of the trigger mechanism, have you worked on yours ? Will always be OK if you apply Colonel Jeff Coopers rules.

Baz
    Oh fair enough mate, I have never looked at the trigger assembly on the Webleys as I never felt I needed to.
    The Airsporter triggers can be improved, the sears have rough metal edges which can cause some drag - only needed to improve a couple of my Airsporters triggers, the rest I could live with happily!

To be honest, I rather like these guns the way they are and left the factory, they are a 'challenge'.
    If I wanted to hit the bull 'pellet on pellet' everytime, my choice wouldn't be an Airsporter or a Tracker - it would be a...PCP! (apologies to all in Gentlemans corner for swearing! )

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Many thanks to all contributors, so grateful for all the valuable information !
    “An airgun or two”………

I always liked the look of the posher Viscount version, never seen one in the flesh so to speak.
    Nice things happen to nice people.

The Glasgow Angling Centre is a place to watch for rarer items coming in due to the panic.

They have a couple of Trackers, Longbows, Firebird, Omega, Vulcan Delux, Goldstars and a Mistral and an Eclipse amongst the popular items on their preloved Facebook page.
    Last edited by Clanchief; 16-09-2016 at 08:52 PM.
    Nice things happen to nice people.

I think Viscount was identical to Tracker (available in standard or deluxe stock), except for a longer barrel.

Later on, when Viscount was dropped, it became Tracker or Tracker carbine(?)

Later still was the Camo and Black Trackers, and I've seen a picture of a walnut tyrolean Tracker(?)

Something like that anyway.

Here's an old Tracker thread for anybody interested: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....acker-Info-FYI

(Looking forward to seeing you again in November too John).

Thumbs up

Hi all

I have a Tracker with the factory cammo stock, There was something wrong with it and it went off whilst the lever was fully open! It snapped the detent in the lever that holds the the lever closed and bent the actual lever too!

I bought it off a mate and intended to get the parts to put it right but forgot about it (Along with a dozen other projects!!), Apparently it was his first gun and would like it back now so i'm going to have to find the parts and get it going! (I stripped it and can't remember where I put the parts!)

I also have an Osprey that had been dropped and the barrel snapped Later on I bought a Tracker cylinder/barrel with no other parts fitted (Was only a fiver!!) so I swapped the barrel on the broken Osprey, I now have a working Webley Ospracker!! (Or Trasprey!! )

Some pix..

Pic 1 Barrel stub and extractor!

Pic 2 Osprey with a skinny barrel looks weird!

Pic 3 The two Ospreys!!

Pic 4 A bit rusty from being in a shed for years

Pic 5 The action I bought for a skydiver!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

The chambers upgrade trigger for the Tracker wíll fit the Tracker. Allthough it dóes need some fitting. Its not a drop-in fit.
    Had 1 in my previous tracker.
    ATB,
    yana