Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age old question: what's the best moderator/silencer?

I rate the Hogan Decimeater, more efficient than the Huggett of the same size and costs a whole lot less too.
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

Thank you for all the input guys. This is the type of feedback I needed. I have spent months trawling the internet to no avail. My local (ish) gun shop has closed down now but it wasn't the biggest of shops either.

The weihrauch was going to be my mod of choice and I think you guys have now cemented that.

I did see a YouTube video of an X3 custom silencer that is supposed to be the world's quietest and it says it's made by A&M gunsmiths and their website says it can be obtained through daystate but the only daystate mods I can find look nothing like their one???

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Missed_dinner View Post
    Thank you for all the input guys. This is the type of feedback I needed. I have spent months trawling the internet to no avail. My local (ish) gun shop has closed down now but it wasn't the biggest of shops either.

The weihrauch was going to be my mod of choice and I think you guys have now cemented that.

I did see a YouTube video of an X3 custom silencer that is supposed to be the world's quietest and it says it's made by A&M gunsmiths and their website says it can be obtained through daystate but the only daystate mods I can find look nothing like their one???

Chris
    Thing is it comes down to the laws of diminishing returns.. you pay more & more for less & less return.
    I've got a full hugget shroud and mod on my huntsman classic., It's great, I love the look & the performance. (I wouldn't buy one normally as I think there too expensive when there are cheaper options that are on a par, but the rifle came with it when I bought it) I think that an hw100 with the hw silencer is quieter but the difference is down to the action I think, The huggets are about £160 I think & the most I've seen the hw go for is £50., You can pick one up on here if your fast enough for about £35!!!
    I'd say try an hw off of here second hand and if it's still too noisy then you know that that's as quiet as it gets & no extra cash thrown at it is going to make any discernable difference.
    If it's no quieter than your deben then switch back & sell it again on here for the same money, all you'll loose is the postage which for the exercise of figuring out if it's any quieter really isn't going to break the bank
    You can be certain that it'll sell as well because they always do!
    Hope this helps
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Good advice, thank you.