Quote Originally Posted by The Lord Flashheart View Post
Would it help if the cartridges were delivered to me and I hang on to them until you pass through London again?

We we are overdue a meet up Will.
Yes we are. It'll likely be into the new year before i'm down your way, particularly with transport, again. If so I'll let you know, and you could do likewise if you're up here.

Funnily enough I'm just in from test firing my first .410 reloads, went well. My data didn't fit my components exactly on either of the loads I was testing, I was using weaker primers than those stated and I had to use a bit of compressed bog roll to lengthen the column to enable decent roll crimp, so i was really just trying to gauge suitability.

Both lots (1st with 110 2nd with SP3) did well with perhaps a little headroom for + half a grain of powder or the hotter primer stated in the data. But both seem more than usable without the need to push them further at this time.

I did pattern one of my 18g #7 loads from a 1/2 choke and if anything it was tighter than I was expecting at 30 yards, which bodes well for the venture thus far. I need to collect a quantity of big cardboard boxes or join a club with a pattern board, but given the distances involved the cardboard boxes up the croft are looking favourite at the moment.

Thanks for the input guys.