Thread: .22 Tempest question

.22 Tempest question

Hello

Can anyone tell me if the later Webley Tempests (the ones from the land of "Slade" not Turkey ) were 5.5 or 5.6 mm in .22 ?

If they did switch to 5.5mm does anyone know from what year approximately?

I currently have an itch for one of these in .22 so it would be great to know.

Many thanks

Dave

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central
    Not sure of the answer but hope you find one, everyone needs one, great little guns. P
    When your world is full of strange arrangements

And gravity won't pull you through

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Not overly sure but what I do know is that my Brummie .22 Cal Tempest shoots the old Eley Wasps and the newer Defient Vintage pellets both 5.6 brilliantly !

If that helps ?
    “An airgun or two”………

My late model Brummie seems quite happy with 0.22 Hobbys and really likes Accupels, as said above, not sure of the actual calibre.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

I'd say the Tempest I own is a later English model as it has the nice wide trigger shoe. It has stamped on top of the foresight 5.6 mm. Shoots Superdomes really nice soft thud

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    I'd say the Tempest I own is a later English model as it has the nice wide trigger shoe. It has stamped on top of the foresight 5.6 mm. Shoots Superdomes really nice soft thud
    Just checked my Tempest which also has .22 5.6 stamped on the foresight !
    “An airgun or two”………

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Bought my .22 Tempest in early 2000's and it's stamped 5.6

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central
    Btw personally .177 is my preferred flavour for these, horses for courses I guess but i can't see rationale for .22 with them myself other than bigger hole in the tin can!
    When your world is full of strange arrangements

And gravity won't pull you through

Excellent, cheers for all that & the pellet suggestions (they're always useful). It looks like it'll be 5.6 then whatever year I get which is cool by me

I already have a .177 Tempest but fancy a .22. No real reason (I have a Hurricane in .22 already) there's just something about these guns I find very appealing, they just look so cool & feel great in the hand, so I feel like adding to the duo.

I'd forgotten about the wide trigger on the later ones, ta for that info' as well.

This hobby is proving addictive so no doubt after I get another Tempest it'll be a Typhoon I'm yearning for

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by watchsapart View Post
    Btw personally .177 is my preferred flavour for these, horses for courses I guess but i can't see rationale for .22 with them myself other than bigger hole in the tin can!
    I use my .22 Tempest for summer evening duck knock down gallery shoot in the garden at 15 yards unofficial competition with the wife Bit of a bloody challenge, but smacks 'em down very impressively using Superdomes

Just had another look at my Tempest, it too is marked 5.6, but the Accupels and some old pointed Marksmans both drop into the breech, whereas the Hobbys need to be pushed in to seat them.

Had a lovely time destroying a bean tin too!

I use FTT 5.53 in mine. Best accuracy of all domes. Also beter than the larger sizes FTT
    ATB,
    yana

Excellent more pellets to look out for (I can see me buying rather a lot, as these'll also do for my Hurricane ) & info'. It's certainly looking like they're all marked a 5.6 in .22.

Being a geek I like info' like that

I too enjoy shooting bean cans. Before I got into this hobby recycling the rubbish just meant putting it in a bin, now everything is viewed as a potential target

Cheers

Dave

My club's Christmas shoot was at festive decorations, sadly I was not able to get there on the day.

I am not a fan of the annual festival of -wittery, and was giving our tree some curious glances. Don't think it would have gone down well with the ladies of the house though...