Although I am very grateful to 'Splosh' for mentioning the problem that occurred at Malvern recently, I now need to clarify the LEGAL situation regarding traders and private sellers of air guns.

As far as Surrey Police are concerned, anyone buying or selling guns as a way of 'TRADE OR BUSINESS' must be a Registered Firearms Dealer. RFD's that trade away from their home location have to apply for 'ADDITIONAL PLACE OF BUSINESS' permission from the area Police Force for that event and several have already applied and received their permits.

PRIVATE COLLECTORS can legally sell or swap guns from their own personal collection at GUN FAIRS.

Both RFD and Private Collectors will have tables along with Militaria Collectors at KEMPTON PARK on SUNDAY 25TH JUNE 2017.

I have been in regular contact with Surrey Police and have been given permission to proceed on this basis and have also been advised that a Test Range could also be set up. However, that won't be happening......

I am investing a lot of time, money and effort to put this event on and need bad publicity like a hole in the head. Our sport and collecting fairs are diminishing annually. I hope to receive positive support from the members on here and who knows, we may get to keep Airgunning alive in the future.