Thread: Any idea how many licences have been issued in Scotland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    Thanks chaps. Lots more than I thought but I'm guessing not every law abiding Scotman who needs one has one.

If someone remembers or finds their old rifle in the garage and take it to the local station I hope they won't get arrested.

I can't find anywhere what the sentencing is for the crime of possession? In England and Wales possession of an FAC rated rifle is I think 5 years and £5k fine? Or is that just armed trespass?
    there is a few on the no to airgun licensing in Scotland Facebook page saying they don't agree with and are not going to license theirs. the page started out good but is just a vent at the police or government page now. some ok people in it but the rest are diddies and make the cause look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    there is a few on the no to airgun licensing in Scotland Facebook page saying they don't agree with and are not going to license theirs. the page started out good but is just a vent at the police or government page now. some ok people in it but the rest are diddies and make the cause look silly.
    I meant the more accidental offenders than 'from my cold dead hands' types.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    I meant the more accidental offenders than 'from my cold dead hands' types.
    like finding grandads luger war trophy?

there's bound to be thousands of airguns laying in lofts or sheds and not seen the light of day for many years.

I dare say there will be a leniency in most cases but there will be lots of people that may find them in grandads shed and NOT know of the license scheme then get caught plinking in the garden. in most cases you wont take something in mind wise unless you are interested in it I guess

there has been stories of people finding brocock tac pistols or the Saxby` palmer rifles that don't know they are banned.

an old workmate had a Saxby palmer in his mums loft and offered me it. I told they were banned but he laughed. I had to show him the facts on the net.

It went to the local police station in bits. he said he found it clearing his mums loft. police took it and said next time call us first before bringing it in.