Thread: replica webley mk 1 rifle ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chieffool View Post
    That is some Little Bit
    Can I ask who did it for you? I am gently trolling the market to find someone to 'bling' a trigger guard for me.... (For no other reason than because I want to!)
    Here are the before pics the gun was fit to scrap. It would not cock. the cylinder tube was oval. One of the cocking braces was cracked.there was an old brass screw in the trigger adjust ..the stock was battered and worn

I got the gun for free and I promised the old gentleman I got it off .that I would sent it to the best restorers in the uk as the gun .had historical value and as it was his dad's and was used in the sunderland shipyard to kill rats in the late 20s and 1930s

I rang around the top people and this is the journey the gun took from start to finish.as it was fit to scrap I thought I would go the whole hog and make the old rifle have a modern twist as in probably the first ever V-Mach Webley Mark 1 Rifle

Steve Pope said first I was to send the gun to
    to ISP were the stock was redone and the broken cocking arm was manufactured.as was a new trigger sear and to finish the screw was replaced by Shaun at ISP it was then reblued
    It was then sent to Steve Pope at v-mach. He trued up the cylinder.the gun then travelled in parts to Don Blocksidge to get the engraving done.it went back to ISP for a final re-Blue. Then back to v-mach for an internal polish a new spring and the phosy bronze piston ring changed to a more modern type (retained the origionals in a sealed bag) it was then finished.reassembled checked that it worked at a constant 6 foot lb and sent back to myself cost ''lots" worth it yes to save an old rifle that had been in a shed for 30+ years and to see the smile on that old man when he saw and fired his dad's old rifle
    Last edited by Rocket launcher; 12-04-2017 at 06:32 AM.