Quote Originally Posted by UrbanFox View Post
Take no notice, hes like this every day all day but a really nice man when you get to know him. OH, and he really does like a good wobbly webley, don't let him fool you.
Mind he does have one or two, three, four or more HWs.
I must try harder to be a t**t.
29 HWs to be exact so you cant believe his word.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
* I still wince everytime I thumb a pellet in, wondering whether this is going to be the time when the cocking arm lug shears off and my thumb is crushed*

That's because Weihrauch slide breech rifles should not of been allowed into the country until an adequate fail safe mechanical lock was placed on the compression tube. They're dangerous make no mistake about it. I can scarcely believe they get away with it to be honest. Plus to rub the salt in; they cheekily provide some pointless safety engraving on the rear block. I wouldn't buy another Weihrauch because of that alone.
Well I wouldn't buy a Mk1 A A TX200 because they came without any kind of anti bear trap. Its just good gun safety when all said and done. Bear trap or not I hold onto that under lever like my thumb depends on it.

While we are on the subject of HWs and to keep my bad reputation and this interesting thread going - the worse models, I.M.O. are the HW90 and HW57. The '90s is over weight and the trigger is not up to the Rekord standard.

ATB
Ian