Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FWB 65 short

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    What a great collection, a mint Beeman 65 was one of my first acquisitions when I started to collect. They are in a class by themselves really. It's interesting how collectors go in different directions. After collecting prewar blued pistols, I have become consumed by their beauty and the manufacturing "art" of that time period. I was thinking of selling the 65, it's casted parts and non-firearm look turn me off now? On another forum I was conversing with a old time collector that concentrated on Haenel and Tell pistols. I think that is me now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    What a great collection, a mint Beeman 65 was one of my first acquisitions when I started to collect. They are in a class by themselves really. It's interesting how collectors go in different directions. After collecting prewar blued pistols, I have become consumed by their beauty and the manufacturing "art" of that time period. I was thinking of selling the 65, it's casted parts and non-firearm look turn me off now? On another forum I was conversing with a old time collector that concentrated on Haenel and Tell pistols. I think that is me now as well.
    I like both - form and function. But maybe I'm just greedy.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I like both - form and function. But maybe I'm just greedy.
    My concentration on form probably comes from my poor shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    My concentration on form probably comes from my poor shooting.
    That's partly why I like the FWBs so much - they somehow compensate for my poor shooting. Must be something to do with their semi-recoillessness, match triggers etc.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.