Thread: taploader question for Osprey/Tracker/Viscount owners

taploader question for Osprey/Tracker/Viscount owners

I noticed my Tracker was very low on power. Pellets coming back at me from the target card.
    And it just had been revised so seals/springs were not the issue.
    I just acquired it so dunno how it performed previously.
    Anyway, I noticed that the pellets dont fall into the taploader, they stay in the first part. Dont fall on the bottom.
    I checked my other taploaders (2x mk3, 1x osprey) and they did not have this issue. All had pellets dropping onto the bottom.
    I chronoed it, with pellet on top, I loose 20 m/sec (65fps), sometimes shots sound really weird and I loose as much as 120fps.
    Besides that, tuning the tap sometimes shears off a tiny bit of lead too.
    Anyone else encountered this issue?
    I already cleaned the tap internally, thats not the issue.
    ATB,
    yana

Yes. I use a Tracker a bit and have noticed some pellets not falling fully into port. Sometimes the gun needs a little tap with the loading finger for the pellet to drop fully in. I think its possible that pellet skirts are being damaged/ deformed during loading, and then not getting a good air seal upon firing. Hence the low power.
    I have not noticed the tap shearing off lead but obviously this shows that the tap is damaging pellets.

Yes. When I shot my tracker in a HFT comp recently, I had a little dibber on hand to ensure the skirts went passed the lip, otherwise they go oval when you shut the tap.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Ok so you guys just use a pellet seater and did not alter the tap?
    Pellet used was JSB by the way
    ATB,
    yana

I was using Superdome and Hobby and only the occasional pellet got stuck. The Tracker isn't mine so making alterations was not a option. The problem wasn't too severe and a small tap with the fingers on the stock was enough for the pellet to fall fully home. A pellet seater would have been handy.
    The Tracker is actually a pretty good gun.