Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
sunderland airguns have this in for £165.be a nice gun as wiehrauch dont make crap,if i was you id add extra few quid and buy a HW99S but either way both great rifles.
They might not make crap but they are perfectly capable of disappointing, and this has been true since they started I think. I have found quality control issues with Weihrauchs from all generations from the early 1970s onwards. However, they do make sturdy designs from good quality materials, so if the customer has to provide the finishing work then at least they are excellent from there on in.

I have had five (5) HW30 rifles, two HW30II, two HW30S and one early HW30 (leather washer long stroke). ALL OF THEM, with the exception of the early one, NEEDED ATTENTION to the tip of the cocking lever and the cocking slot, and sometimes the cocking levers. They need dressing with files and emery paper to make them 'good'. This degree of dressing is generally not needed on the bigger Weihrauchs like the 35, 85, 95 and 77/97, but might be needed on the HW99/50.

Who knows why?