Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed - Best Regulator for AA S410

from experience

I fairly recently fitted a Rob Lane reg to S400, drilling the hole really is easy if you secure the cylinder and use masking tape. It now shoots fantastic, every shot is predictable now. I was surprised to hear that he fitted a reg to something and got it very wrong, however as I say, his regs work very well, as do Dave Welham's (Airmaster).

Quote Originally Posted by what barn door View Post
    I fairly recently fitted a Rob Lane reg to S400, drilling the hole really is easy if you secure the cylinder and use masking tape. It now shoots fantastic, every shot is predictable now. I was surprised to hear that he fitted a reg to something and got it very wrong, however as I say, his regs work very well, as do Dave Welham's (Airmaster).
    How did you get hold of these people please?
    Mark

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by what barn door View Post
    Not the only Super 10 reg he has underpowered, Del is rebuilding another one!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Not the only Super 10 reg he has underpowered, Del is rebuilding another one!
    Stop kicking the man when the circumstances are unkown to you. To set the reg he needs to know calibre and gun type. If you give him the wrong information he can't set it right can he. Many thousands of regs have been sold and you don't find complaints over the net. Look at his eblag profile. Every question I have asked have been answered in minutes and his advice is exemplary.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Stop kicking the man when the circumstances are unkown to you. To set the reg he needs to know calibre and gun type. If you give him the wrong information he can't set it right can he. Many thousands of regs have been sold and you don't find complaints over the net. Look at his eblag profile. Every question I have asked have been answered in minutes and his advice is exemplary.
    To be fair I amtalking about regulators he has rebuilt here not ones he has made so it is an unfair comparison.
    Last edited by secretagentmole; 07-06-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Lane reg

The lane reg and support is first class
    Drilling the tube is simple, once done you will be very happy as I was, unbelievable consistancy from first shot and more shots perfil

Chris

Heres my first s400 fitting, have done half a dozen now and have matched that 1 fps ave, and got more shots too....

https://youtu.be/Ca4VMcZLDMI
    Last edited by 32:1; 07-06-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by Luckky View Post
    Ok so I've decided to see if I can by or borrow a chrony for under £50 (let me know if you have one you wish to sell) and I'll start with a polish and a clean this weekend. I'm then going to see what difference it makes to the power and the drop off and then see if it's worth putting a reg on.

Thanks guys
    Chronys are unreliable. Too many variables seem to affect their performance. Light level, angle of the barrel to the sensors, etc. Mine never gives a consistent reading. I use a simple Combro, It matches the readings of our clubs Skan chrono and for less than £50.00 brand new from many out lets including the JSR.

A.G

How did you get hold of these people please?
    In short try googling 'Robert lane regulators' and search on other Airarms specific forums!

Mark

Thanks everyone, very useful!

So it's a classic 410. It has a lovely walnut left handed stock too!

Reasons I want a regulator is I notice about a 3" drop or gain at around 40/50yds from 180 to 100 bar and when both shooting quarry and also medium / long range targeting, that's just too much change for me!

Agree I probably need to clean the insides, what other recommendations would people have if I don't want to drill?
    3" sounds excessive. Might be worth just replacing the exhaust valve if rifle is not new as they eventually suffer from 'valve extrusion' (again info is there to read on this subject) . Changing mine resulted in a much flatter power curve even before I regulated my own .177 S410s. Regs are easy enough to install but take time setting up correctly (one of mine was a doddle....one was far, far more awkward/fiddly/time consuming). Plenty of info out there if you look. Some of my own findings are on the airarms forum.

Mark