IMHO an adjustable stock is essential for HFT. not just for fit but more for a repeatable, correct head/eye position on the scope will reduce the chances of induced parallax error on incline/decline shots.

I personally rate the HW rifles and the adjustable laminate stocks are very nice indeed. bear in mind that you'll probably need to add an adjustable hamster later on as you get the fit of the rifle right. the pro's are that the HW's can be accurate, good fit and are easy enough to work on yourself. The cons are that there was a bad batch of barrels and they can sometimes be pellet fussy. Also you'll need a single shot loader but the HW will double as a good hunting rifle if you mix HFT and hunting.

If you're just going to shoot HFT then i would recommend the MPR FT or a fettled Mk4 EV2 (would be my choice). Both can be got for a reasonable SH price these days. I'm a Steyr man and have been for a very long time with both mine being in excess of 14 years old. A lot would depend on your budget.

As an example.....On our club board we have a fully fettled MPR sitting in a custom target stock for £750, at the very least it will give you an idea of prices and possible combinations. Also, ahem.....finding the right HFT scope is a much bigger minefield but we'll skip that one for the moment.

Any questions mate then please feel free to PM me.