Thread: Relum Slavia 618 nostalgia

Relum Slavia 618 nostalgia

They say when you get old you return to your childhood, using a three wheeled bike again, wearing nappies, drinking from a feeding beaker. I have got a thing for tiny rifles, the latest one a 618 in lovely condition after probably 40 years. Was only doing 340 fps with 8.4 grn pellet but managed to add another 100 fps with a replacement spring. Any idea of value on this ?

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    They say when you get old you return to your childhood, using a three wheeled bike again, wearing nappies, drinking from a feeding beaker. I have got a thing for tiny rifles, the latest one a 618 in lovely condition after probably 40 years. Was only doing 340 fps with 8.4 grn pellet but managed to add another 100 fps with a replacement spring. Any idea of value on this ?

Baz

Nice little rifles, being a bit smaller than the Webley Junior/Diana 22 etc. The sears can be prone to wear so it is another gun that I would prefer a "tired" mainspring or at least one with a few coils collapsed.
    As that one looks in quite good nick, (I don't like giving valuations really), maybe £55 at the top end, but if posting, I don't think many people would pay a total of £68. At £40 I would tell somebody wanting to teach a youngster to shoot to grab it quickly.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Nice little rifles, being a bit smaller than the Webley Junior/Diana 22 etc. The sears can be prone to wear so it is another gun that I would prefer a "tired" mainspring or at least one with a few coils collapsed.
    As that one looks in quite good nick, (I don't like giving valuations really), maybe £55 at the top end, but if posting, I don't think many people would pay a total of £68. At £40 I would tell somebody wanting to teach a youngster to shoot to grab it quickly.
    This one is like new inside, hardly used, I think the spring slowly collapsed over time. Has a lovely trigger let off, quite smooth and shooting good groups. From screw heads looks like it has never been opened, until now.

Baz

My first rifle was a Slavia break barrel,bought new from Coopers in Chester.

At just over £7,several weeks paper round wages,shot the hell out of it until my dad came up with a Mk1 Airsporter .

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    My first rifle was a Slavia break barrel,bought new from Coopers in Chester.

At just over £7,several weeks paper round wages,shot the hell out of it until my dad came up with a Mk1 Airsporter .
    Roughly how many years ago did you buy it ?

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Roughly how many years ago did you buy it ?

Baz
    That's an easy one,second year in high school 1973.