Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
I was a little surprised to see SFS tackle the 34. Its a heavy rifle at 7.5 lbs. Little in the way of custom woodwork unless they have cut a deal with CS that will improve the standard plank.
It's a long rifle too. A nip and tuck on the barrel length would be in order and could lose 4" and still be good on power though a silencer would add that back on.
It's supposed to have almost the ideal stroke though so the shot cycle when tuned well should be pretty gentle. Then again my 280 now sorted makes power very easily, is lovely to shoot and is lighter than the 34 so i don't think the 34 would tempt me.
I hope it's good for SWS and Diana and if it is it should bring Diana a little more mainstream.
The T06 is a pretty adjustable trigger though has a long first stage pull which does need reducing unless you get a finger .
extension.
The 34 in my opinion is probably better compared to the HW80, The 280 being more 95 like.
I'd be interested to see the finished product.
I put my 34 Premium on the scales recently and it pulled 7lbs 13oz: a bit over the stated weight. Yet, it feels perfect in the hand and balance is very good. The barrel length seems fine, possibly due to the longer fore-end of the stock. I think the 34 is a better gun than the 280 in .177 but in .22 they are closer (both in standard form). The .22 34 does have a slightly under-sprung, easy going feel- not to the extent of an HW80 but along those lines. The .177 feels different- quicker, sharper in response but not harsh. No twang from mine either. Accuracy is as good as I hoped and better than I expected out of the box. A .177 34 and a .22 280 would make a good pairing and the shooter would gel with both and switch between the two easily.
The SFS 34 appears to perform very, very well in the video. I too hope that CS will offer stocks for the 34 at some point.